[SOLVED] Aspire A515-54G - FAN almost constant on. (No heat issues). Override it somehow?

TGRanger2020

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2012
Hi,
I have a Aspire A515-54G ( NXHN0ED0019370A85E7600 ) and I'm in general satisfied with the product. However, I do have one issue. The FAN - irrespective of load and temperature - goes on and off constantly. It's like on the clock.
As I had no luck on this issue re-installing the OS, I figure it's a deeper issue. Can I, with this model, raise the threshold before it decides to raise the fan speed? I can't find it in BIOS as I can with my desktop PC, so we need a more creative solution here.
Ideas?

Thanks!

Solution
Hi TGRanger,

I don't think it has anything to do with OS or threshold if its going on & off randomly. I would recommend checking the BIOS settings again, try resetting it or look if a newer BIOS update is available. And if all that doesn't work it must be a hardware malfunction because all components can be controlled in the BIOS settings.

I may be wrong but lets hope that helps. Cheers! ✌✌
Jan 28, 2021
Hi TGRanger,

I don't think it has anything to do with OS or threshold if its going on & off randomly. I would recommend checking the BIOS settings again, try resetting it or look if a newer BIOS update is available. And if all that doesn't work it must be a hardware malfunction because all components can be controlled in the BIOS settings.

I may be wrong but lets hope that helps. Cheers! ✌✌

Solution