Good day to all, guys ;)

I was "lucky" to grab Aspire TC-605

• Intel Core i5 4440 Quad Core CPU
    8GB DDR3
    1TB 7200 RPM HDD
    Intel HD Graphics
    DVDRW
    Windows 8.1
I know it's a basic setup, but for $199 it's worth to try and will buy me time to collect parts and money to build workstation, since I am without ANY machine atm.

I know case is small and there is no way to fit long or even double fan gpu in it.
So as for gpu I was looking for two options here:
Number one GIGABYTE GV-N75TOC-2GL G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 - $149.99
Number two: GIGABYTE GV-N750OC-2GL G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card Support 4 Monitors - $129.99
$20 different, will it worth to spent?
Or here on the market some better cards in this price range and with same port options?
Not a gamer, SC2 will be the most game, mostly playing (if playing) older strategy. Will run Adobe CS2 package on this one plus maybe C4D.
I'll appreciate any advices.

The main reason is they r both not power hungry and main point got 2 HDMI and 1 Display port, so I'll be able to run all 3 monitors. The only question is will they fit into the case. I am not having pc by me right now, still in transit. But was looking to place an order for gpu today. If any of you by any chance have Aspire TC-605, can you give me a measurement of how much space do I have? Thanks in advance! :p

And second question 'bout PSU. Will any standard size PSU fit this case or I need to look for specific size? Do I need something 'round 500W? Any links plz?

I am trying to save as much money as I can for future build and make this boy as much workable as possible.

Thanks in advance again and have a great weekend!:bounce:

Bubunya

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015

Thanks for reply!
Yep I saw this tread, as any other treads I was able to find on web for last few days ;)
Is it 650 better than 750? As far as I know does not. And my main point is to be able to connect 3 monitors (or at least 2) via HDMI/Display ports. 99% of cards I was able to find in 750 range got one of the port each, not dual.

And 'bout PSU. It should fit or will fit? :D
Just don't want to spend a time to return and replace it over and over to find a right size. Was hopping to place an order today...

The $20 difference between the GeForce GTX 750 Ti and the GeForce GTX 750 correlates to the 15% increase in performance of the GeForce GTX 750 Ti over the GeForce GTX 750. You shouldn't need a new PSU when using either one of these cards.

A GeForce GTX 750 has around 1.5x the performance of a GeForce GTX 650.

For sure, as ko888 said, the 750 is the better GPU than the 650.

The dimensions on the 650 are 4.376" high, by 6" length. Unfortunately, the 750 is the same height of 4.376", but the length is 6.7". While only a little longer, I would wait to get the case, "Measure twice, order once," and make sure that it fits before you get stuck with a part that you can't use.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-3751-KR

Bubunya

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015

So that means any of this 2 upgrades will work.

To be honest with you I just hate to stack with factory psu. And, after all, I am not sure if I'll get at least 300W with this system. And, as far as I know, 750 feel good with PSU around 400W and up.
Thanks A LOT for your help!

Bubunya

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015

Exactly why I came here with questions :D
Well, after all u r absolutely right. Better lost few days and get a case, measure it myself and make sure it will fit than get a card and PSU and then spend weeks to replace it...

Once again, thanks you SO MUCH!! Have a great weekend!

The GeForce GTX 750 Ti is a 60 Watt card. The GeForce GTX 750 is a 55 Watt card.

Based on your specific system configuration there's no way a 400 Watt PSU is required. Your system power consumption during gaming with a GeForce GTX 750 Ti should be under 180 Watts.

Bubunya

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015

Yep I got this info too, but still - people on forums still asking 'bout psu models 400W and up for this cards AND still talking 'bout 400W minimum requirement for 750... Just google it and you'll see yourself. For last 2 days I did research 'bout this comp and gpu, did collect 70+ links to diff forums and most of them talking 'bout upgrading PSU as MUST DO, at least for 400W.
Thats why I was asking 'bout it.

A 300W PSU definitely does work:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2061335/300w-18a-run-gtx-750.html

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in determining power supply adequacy!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most critical factor.

Those that claim a 400W PSU is necessary really don't have a clue what makes a PSU adequate or inadequate for a specific system configuration.

Bubunya

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015

Even at Tom's?
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2061335/300w-18a-run-gtx-750.html

Thanks a lot, Grandmaster :D
Too bad I can't give you guys any kind of rep or stars or whatever. But Tom's forums staff r the best. Period.
Sometimes confusing, but still... LOL