Question Asrock 5.70 BIOS. WARNING! ROM file information does not match system BIOS error.

Apr 9, 2019
Im currently on P5.50 and wanna update to the latest 5.70 through the windows option but it gives me the
WARNING! ROM file information does not match system BIOS. error.
What am i supposed to do other than ignore the update ?
I also saw it just released today.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Whats your specs any why do you want to update bios?

Make sure the bios file downloaded is the exact version for your board from the manufacturer's website. Bios flash process will scan and verify the bios file and fail if it doesn't match.

Put the file on a fat32 formatted usb stick (no folders). Boot to bios and run the bios updater program in the bios. Mflash, ezflash or similar.

Best never update bios from windows, do it from in the bios.

Apr 9, 2019
Whats your specs any why do you want to update bios?

Make sure the bios file downloaded is the exact version for your board from the manufacturer's website. Bios flash process will scan and verify the bios file and fail if it doesn't match.

Put the file on a fat32 formatted usb stick (no folders). Boot to bios and run the bios updater program in the bios. Mflash, ezflash or similar.

Best never update bios from windows, do it from in the bios.
R5 1600X and A320M-DGS,8GB DDR4 2666Mhz
No reason in particular.
It is the exact motherboard on the site.
Not really looking to mess with flash drives and stuff so i guess i will skip a few versions and see.

with all the vulnerabilities with CPU's these day like spectre and meltdown this may not be the best rule to follow anymore because newer BIOS versions do come with security patches now

I had forgotten about those, as I'm running on an AMD, and the Linux kernel was patched quite some time ago; but, you are quite right: a different perspective on BIOS updates is warranted.

I had forgotten about those, as I'm running on an AMD, and the Linux kernel was patched quite some time ago; but, you are quite right: a different perspective on BIOS updates is warranted.

AMD was and can still be vulnerable to spectre variants and after AMD withholding info about what they were affected by at first i would still not risk leaving an AMD system on a very old BIOS version. intel on the other hand is a different story

Apr 20, 2019
This version is not available anymore, I've already updated to P5.70. Everything seems to be working, but I can't downgrade to the current official one P5.50
This and the other broken asrock motherboard of mine, makes me rethink my purchasing choices...