ASROCK 7270 Extrem4 will not recognize HDD or SSD as bootable device after Windows 10 install

lamaula

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
MOBO: ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboards - Intel
CPU: WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX - OEM
DRAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel ...
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E250B/AM
HDD: WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX - OEM

Windows 10 usb from microsoft gave "missing file" error. Created a bootable USB from microsoft website/rufus. Was able to get to installation screen and install to SSD. However, when windows restarted to finish install, system could not find a bootable disk. I have made sure that I am ACHI, secure startup off, boot order puts SSD first, unplug HDD. Did not work.

Then installed windows to 1TB HDD and fully installed. Restarted itself several times to finish install, however, when I restarted later manually, went back to not finding bootable device. I cannot update drivers for SSD, Mobo because no DVD drive for disks that came with equipment. I did update Mobo firmware. I can't find anything on message boards like this. Any suggestions? Very frustrating.

Thanks!

Solution
You made an err on the CPU.
Tell you what, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date? Often times that can cause an issue you're seeing. You could also try and remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 15 minutes to see if it restores visibility of your drives in BIOS screen/boot priority. It's also advised to recreate the bootable USB installer, possible that it's corrupt(happens more than not).

Lutfij

Titan
You made an err on the CPU.
Tell you what, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date? Often times that can cause an issue you're seeing. You could also try and remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 15 minutes to see if it restores visibility of your drives in BIOS screen/boot priority. It's also advised to recreate the bootable USB installer, possible that it's corrupt(happens more than not).

Solution