ASRock 970 Extreme 3 won't boot from disk

AndrewF329

Reputable
May 11, 2015
I recently updated my system and I want to wipe and reuse my old 500gb HDD which held me os. I looked online and downloaded DBAN and burned it to a flash drive. I went into the boot options and set it to prioritize the flash drive but it just ignores it. I even disabled everything else except for the flash drive but it just boots to the setup menu. I even tried with DBAN on a CD but same results. I used rufus to burn the .ico and I am fairly sure I did it correctly. I heard that this could be a common problem on this motherboard but I still haven't found a solution. Here are my specs:

MoBo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3
CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 965
HDD: WD 500GB
PSU: CX500

Solution
Hi,
I'm Davis from ASRock HQ TSD.

According to the information you posted, you cannot boot into USB sticker with DBAN utility.
We provide few ways for you to verify.
1.Please load BIOS default setting.
2.Please press F11 when booting up to enter boot menu for try.
3.Please remove another boot device(USB, SATA devices) for checking whether the system can boot into the USB.
4.If you have another bootable USB stick, please change it for try.
5.Please remove the DBAN from USB stick, and check whether the system is able to boot up from the USB.
6.Please change another format disk utility for verify.

Thanks a lot !!
ASRock TSD

ASRock_Support-2

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
Hi,
I'm Davis from ASRock HQ TSD.

According to the information you posted, you cannot boot into USB sticker with DBAN utility.
We provide few ways for you to verify.
1.Please load BIOS default setting.
2.Please press F11 when booting up to enter boot menu for try.
3.Please remove another boot device(USB, SATA devices) for checking whether the system can boot into the USB.
4.If you have another bootable USB stick, please change it for try.
5.Please remove the DBAN from USB stick, and check whether the system is able to boot up from the USB.
6.Please change another format disk utility for verify.

Thanks a lot !!
ASRock TSD

Solution