ASRock 970 Extreme3

Krislin

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
So I just purchased a new PC setup, put it all in the case and plugged it all in and tried to turn it on. Nothing happened. Took everything out again, re-seating everything. Still nothing, not even spinning fans.

Computer Specs:
CPU: AMD FX 8120 8 Core 3.1 GHz
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3
PSU: Retail Plus 700 Watt
Ram: 1 8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600Mz Stick
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX560
Hard Drives: 128 Scan Disk SSD & 500 GB 7200 RPM Drive
Case: NZXT Hades

So after reading some articles on here, this no boot issue seemed to be rather common. I did find one that said to "Jump" the computer with a screw driver to see if anything would happen. Well it did, the CPU Fan and PSU Fan kicked on. So I plugged back in the Graphics Card I left out, jumped it again and its fan too started to spin but I get no video.

So I guess my question is what is going on?

Krislin

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

Well I thought the same thing, so I took out the Graphics Card, It still would only spin the fans. Even though it is a cheap PSU, using xXtreme Power Supply Calculator, Thermaltake Power Supply Calculator and Asus Power Supply Calculator. All of which estimate 450 - 500 Watts of power leaving 200 - 250 Watts left over.

Update: I managed to get it to boot, once. It went by the BIOS screens and to a screen that said something along the lines of "Please Setup Bootable Device". I shut down, plugged in my two hard drives and once again nothung

Tympan

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I see how long ago this was, and was wanting to know if you got this fixed. I was going to suggest making sure the cmos jumpers were in the right position. If they aren't, it won't ever try to start up because the cmos can't communicate the post (Power On Self Test). I have an asrock extreme 4 and I couldn't get it to start up and it turns out, one of my buddies that was trying to help me didn't put the jumpers back in the same spot they were supposed to go. He put them on some fan pins and it took me 3 weeks to figure it out. And as funny as it is, when I turned the computer on, got windows installed, and figured everything was good, it started to crash within 3 seconds of starting up -_- Turns out I needed a bigger power supply by like 15w. Anyway, if you still have the computer, try following the manual to reset (clear) the cmos values.