Asrock 980DE3/U3S3 vs Asus M5A97 R2.0

Which one of the

• Total voters

Atheridis

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
I am going to be buying a new computer and I selected the Asrock 980DE3/U3S3 motherboard I posted my build on a forum to make sure my build was ok and a few people said that this motherboard isn't good or its old etc. and I should get the Asus M5A97 R2.0 instead. It is more expensive by about 30 euros so I would like to know What does the Asus have that is better than the Asrock motherboard.

The CPU I am using with it is the AMD fx 8320 and the gfx card is the ATI Radeon r9 270x

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
It's probably about components used->vrm's/chipset etc. and mostly about overclocking for which the asus is much better.
The asus has for instance 6 sata 3=6g/s ports running of the chipset the asrock has a second controller for the just two it has on the board..There is a difference in the soundchip etc.

If you have the money pick the asus,not that i'm against asrock,but in this instance is it the better choice.You could go for something in between like the 970 Extreme3 R2.0 for instance or the Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P.