asrock 990fx with fx6300 not working.

in4theride75

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
So, this is my first rig build that has actually got me stumped and I'm looking for possible suggestions.

I recently bought a 990fx and a fx6300 to upgrade my aging rig. I assembled everything and it didn't work. I then followed all the typical troubleshooting 101's. 1 stick of ram tried in each slot, gpu in all three pci-e slots, tested mobo out of case, tried with no drives attached, etc. After my 50th or so try I got a comp speaker error message, which caught me off guard and I didn't catch it. Then the next time I powered up I got all the way to windows.

Naturally once that happened it never booted again so after another 50ish tries I thought the cpu might be bad and consequently RMA'd it. I installed everything new I bought, in the case, with everything attached, put in my old phenom IIx4 975 and everything worked.

Just got the new fx6300 today and it has the exact same problem it did to begin with, not making it to post, no comp speaker error code.

the 990fx bios sticker label claims it is a p1.50 bios which should be compatible with piledriver core, So I am truly lost. Anyone have any suggestions other than RMA the board?

Thanks in advance.

in4theride75

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014

Alright, so firstly, man, that was a fast response! Secondly, I had not tried to clear CMOS because I'm some kind of noob, ofc. And thirdly, it works! Thank you darmic!