Question Asrock A300, AMD Raven Ridge 2200G and Windows 7

May 28, 2019
Hello guys, I just bought the following components and I'm trying to install Win 7 but I always got the BSOD and bootloop.

• Asrock A300
  • AMD Raven Ridge 2200G
  • 2 x PC19200 4GB V-Gen 2400 MHz
  • ADATA SX8200 PRO 256GB NVMe SSD

At first, I tried installing Windows 7 using the MSI Smart tool to get the USB and NVMe drivers. When it didn't work, I switched to Gigabyte's Windows Image Tool. I kept getting BSOD right after every Win 7 install.

I finally gave up and installed Win 10 and it's working. Then I saw this:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9zeo85/windows_7_now_can_run_on_raven_ridge_on_msi_mobo/

So, if it's possible to install Win 7 with my Raven Ridge 2200G, I wanna try. Can someone please guide me? Many thanks in advance.

The best support you can expect on Windows 7 is experimental support, and it won't always work. The 2200G was designed to work best with Windows 10. It lists the OS as a requirement. There have been people that have gotten it to run on Windows 7 but as I understand it is a lot of work. If you are dead set on it I'd suggest Googling Windows 7 on Ryzen 2200G. There may be some forum posts or YouTubes or websites with more information on how to get it to work. Unfortunately that is the extent of my knowledge. Good luck.

I've yet to fully understand the desire to stick with Win7 over WIn10....(Win10 in some of it's early Beta stages, even I preferred WIn7 myself!)

Any commonly accessed program or setting (device manager, file explorer, my computer/this PC) can be shortcutted right on the desktop and/or put in the taskbar, or, easily accessed by typing in 1-3 characters (at most) in the search menu...

May 28, 2019
Thanks for all your replies.

As I found out, there may be a way to install Win 7 64-bit on AMD Raven Ridge APU. The OS may need to be installed in another system with discrete CPU and GPU, installing the drivers for Raven Ridge APU and then switching to the real hardware APU.

I will stick with Win 10 for now, but will surely be playing around with Win 7 64-bit once I can get my hands on the computer parts needed for this to work.

BTW, does anyone know where can I find Raven Ridge APU drivers for Win 7 64-bit? Thanks! ;D