Jun 28, 2020
I have a pc with the next specifications:
Motherboard: asrock a320m-hdv
Processor: AMD rizen 5 3400G
Power: 500w reals
Memory:16 gb G.skill F4 3200 C16D 2x8Gb DDR4
Hard disk: 240 SSD
SO: Windows 10 x64

The problem is when I start the computer in two minutes a blue screen appears with different errors.

I checked with hirens boot the hard disk and the different components and everything is Ok.
I formated my computer and install windows again from zero.

So, I removed a memory and everything works Ok, I mean, when I have just 8 gb the computer works perfectly.

I have searched about compatibility of my memories and I read the motherboard supports those memories. I don't know if I need to do some configuration in the bios or what is the problem.

Solution
1.35 V is the typical voltage for these type of RAM sticks when working at the higher speed (3200).
From your manual (which I encourage you to read) there seems to be very few tweaking possibilities in the Bios.

And when you use a single stick, at what speed does it function ?
Jun 28, 2020
On the G-Skill RAM configurator page, they only indicate 2666 MHz as the quickest compatible speed for your motherboard.
https://www.gskill.com/configurator...524725289&chipset=1526292979&model=1526293412
This is more or less confirmed on Asrcock QVL where they say that some G-Skill 3200 MHz RAM could possibly run at 3066 Mhz, but not 3200
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M-HDV/#MemoryPR
Thanks so much to answer me.
That means can I not have two memories installed in my motherboard?
Or can I do some configuration in my bios to downgrade the frequency of the memories and works with the 16 Gb ?

Jun 28, 2020
On p45 of the manual for your motherboard https://download.asrock.com/Manual/A320M-HDV.pdf ,
it seems that you can increase DRAM voltage.
I would try to increase from 1.2V to max 1.35V, and see if you can boot with both sticks.
Thanks again for your help.
I'm not an expert about this topic and I'm sorry if I do a stupid question.
What are the risks to increase from 1.2V to 1.35?
And another question. Can I work with a less frequency with both memories, for example, with 2666, so I could to have 16 gb of ram with that frequency?

1.35 V is the typical voltage for these type of RAM sticks when working at the higher speed (3200).
From your manual (which I encourage you to read) there seems to be very few tweaking possibilities in the Bios.

Reactions: allanh1193
Solution
Jun 28, 2020

I'm reading the manual in this moment. I want to tell you. with a single stick, the speed that appears is 2133 MHz, is it means that I can't use the maximum frequency of my memory?

Jun 28, 2020
Look from something called XMP in you Bios. It should accept higher speed than 2133.
What is the exact reference of your RAM sticks ?
Have you increased DRAM voltage ?
just in this moment I increased DRAM voltage from 1.2 to 1.34(Maximum accepted in bios), And I change the frequency of the memory to 2666. So I tested with one stick and everything works perfect.
Now I have connected the second memory and both on them are working on 2666 MHz.
Before, the computer crashed in one minute or less, now, I have been working on it for 10 minutes and its working full. In almost one hour I will tell you what happened :D.
Thanks so much for your help, you're so fast to answer me and you explain me super good

just in this moment I increased DRAM voltage from 1.2 to 1.34(Maximum accepted in bios), And I change the frequency of the memory to 2666. So I tested with one stick and everything works perfect.
Now I have connected the second memory and both on them are working on 2666 MHz.
Before, the computer crashed in one minute or less, now, I have been working on it for 10 minutes and its working full. In almost one hour I will tell you what happened :D.
Thanks so much for your help, you're so fast to answer me and you explain me super good
I hope it keeps going! But I suspect that 2666 MHz will be the fastest speed that will work.

Reactions: allanh1193