Question Asrock A320M-HDV RAM slot issue

Dec 29, 2018
So I just bought the aforementioned mobo, with a Ryzen 7 2700 processor and a G.Skill Flare 8GB memory module. The computer will only work when I put the memory module in the first slot (A1). When I put it in the second (A2), everything seems to work, but I get a "no signal" message on the monitor. There's no sound signal.

Is the second memory slot busted or a single module can only be used in slot A1?

So I just bought the aforementioned mobo, with a Ryzen 7 2700 processor and a G.Skill Flare 8GB memory module. The computer will only work when I put the memory module in the first slot (A1). When I put it in the second (A2), everything seems to work, but I get a "no signal" message on the monitor. There's no sound signal.

Is the second memory slot busted or a single module can only be used in slot A1?
Checking the manual http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/A320M-HDV.pdf it depends on type of RAM single or dual rank but both types should work in both slots.

Dec 29, 2018
So I got another RAM stick and it works in both slots.

I then found out another issue: of the total 16GB of RAM, only half was usable; the rest was "hardware reserved".

Turns out the CPU had a few bent pins; I fixed that and now everything is as it should be.