ASRock A770DE+ Any Good?

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
So I'm tight on budget at the moment and need a motherboard thats going to support A Quad core Processor (AMD Only). So I found this one, which was cheap and seemed pretty good.

The Plus's for me are it supports DDR2 Memory with AM2/AM2+/AM3 Processors, which is good so I don't have to buy new ram (tight on Money)
Crossfire ready For when I need to Upgrade
8Pin Power Connector (all the other cheap ones only have 4pin)
And It's An ATX formfactor.
It Allows OCing (I Believe thats what I saw)

So if anybody has/had an ASRock Mobo before can you tell me the reliability of it and other information of your experiences with them.

And If you think you could come up with something better Go on Newegg.ca and Try to find me a good setup for about $230 Max.
Mobo,Processor,Ram (unless it supports DDR2 Ram)

Thanks
-Mithness

Try selling your old ram on craigslist before you order the motherboard. ddr3 is cheaper than ddr2; you'll have a better board selection if you make the switch. Newegg had some mushkin 2 x 4 gb of 1333 ddr3 for only $25 after $5 rebate today.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Not to be rude, but I just want to know if the Mobo is reliable or if theres a better one for a little more or something,

And I can't just sell my RAM right now because Then My PC won't work, lol so I mean I could sell it after I got the mobo.

Also I don't really care for all these fancy features I just want a good Mobo that will last a couple years 2-3

Thanks
-Mithness

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Sorry Didn't see your third post

And I won't be ordering till Christmas time so they're probably some good sales correct? I've never bought anything off newegg before (but the site/prices) look amazing, its the Steam of PC components

And you said you've owned 3 ASRock boards, have they all satisfied you and lasted quite a while?

Thanks
-Mithness