Asrock ab350 mini itx A/C SYSTEM HANGING 20 seconds

jlw_4049

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
Event viewer error directly after the freeze happens: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, Event 129, storachi.

First of all I dont have a raid array. I'm assuming that's the default label for windows.

Build is a small build for my bedroom, a budget build. I dont use it all the time. It is a ryzen 2200g OC to 3.8ghz, 8 GB ddr4 2400mhz ram, GTX 950, asrock ab350 mini itx a/c, with a crucial bx300 120gb ssd and a wd blue 7200 rpm 1tb.

I've been googling all over. Ivr checked bios to make sure the drives weren't set to raid they are ahc I. Latest chipset, latest drivers, latest bios, changed SATA wire on the ssd and port.

My drives in bios the wd is drive port 1 and ssd is port 2. But of course I'm booting and running OS from ssd.

Could a secondary drive messing up cause this hang and error?

I checked the smart status of these drives and did a quick test with wd diagnostics, all came back good.

I'm at a loss, might take the oc off cpu or remove the hdd.

The freeze happens randomly but everytime I'm using it. Usually when I'm opening new applications or trying to use windows search or start bar after booting. It's a hard freeze, the only thing you can do is move the mouse around.

I've been PC building for years and never have had this issue.

Any help would be appreciated

jlw_4049

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
I had it unplugged for a few hours last night with no error. I plugged it back in to do a deep scan with wd software and literally the second the 2 hour scan was done PC got the 20 second freeze and the errors in windows.

I'll probably RMA the drive as I only got it 3 months ago.

jlw_4049

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
So, finally found the issue. It wasnt software/driver related at all. It wasnt the wd blue drive either.

It was a bad SSD, 1 month old, but bad. Long story short not buying crucial drives ever again.