[SOLVED] Asrock ab350 pro 4 and ryzen 5 2600

Jan 28, 2019
Is there anyone here successfully build with asrock ab350 and ryzen 5 2600?

Mine is still freezing or bsod since day 1. I don't know what's happening.

I just bought them all together, everything is new unless vga has been used for 2 years.

- Cpu and mobo temp is normal, never over 60.
- tried to use other vga but still freeze
- tried memory check with diagnostic tools and run okay
- Updated the bios until 5.10.
- Using 2x8 viper patriot 3200 ram, but showed only 1066mhz in cpu-z.

It's always freezing, but getting better after updated bios.

I also notice there are so many errors in event manager.
I usually got clock watch dog error and shutdown unexpectedly.

Can anyone help me?

Builds:
Ab350 pro 4
Ryzen 5 2600
Viper patriot 2x8 ddr4
Radeon hd 7800 series
Samsung evo m.2 500gb
Seagate 1tb HDD
Cooler master 450 watt mwe 230v

Thank you

Solution
Yesterday, I downloaded windows 10 from microsoft site and I reinstalled my os.
everything works normally, I can finally download and install apps smoothly. I haven't meet any problem since then and I hope I won't need to.

It seems that the last installer os too old.
I'll keep monitoring the performance and will try your suggestion if anything happens!

Thank you for your help everyone!

Ralston18

Titan
Two suggestions:

1) Update your post to include PSU information (make, model, wattage, age, condition)

2) What errors are you seeing in Event Viewer? Starting with the "red" errors. Reliability History/Manager may also provide more information regarding the problems that are occurring.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
Most likely your motherboard is bad. Those AB350 have a really bad quality control problems. Doesn't matter which brand. I am not sure the newer chipset is much better either. I've seen too many people on these forums talk about randomly BSOD. I had 3 of 6 boards go to hell on me like this too. One of them was an ASRock AB350 Pro 4. But I got Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI boars that went to hell too.

Jan 28, 2019
1) I have updated the post. Basically everything is new except the VGA.

2) There are so many error, most of it only system shut down unexpectedly. The others are:
- rare hardware error from LiveKernelEvent code 144
- apps stop responding (Google chrome, file explorer, system settings broker, windows update, MoAppCrash)
- frequent clock watchdog timeout

I can't even download big files, system will hang after some time. Or install windows update.

Jan 28, 2019
Yesterday, I downloaded windows 10 from microsoft site and I reinstalled my os.
everything works normally, I can finally download and install apps smoothly. I haven't meet any problem since then and I hope I won't need to.

It seems that the last installer os too old.
I'll keep monitoring the performance and will try your suggestion if anything happens!

Thank you for your help everyone!

Solution