[SOLVED] ASRock AB350 Pro 4 CPU voltage inconsistency

Hello

I am trying to OC my 1800X but when I set Vcore in bios to 1.35v or higher, it will show 1.36v in CPUz and HWMonitor but whenever I run Prime95 CPU max stress test, it defaults to 1.312v which makes my PC crash. Both CPUz and HWMonitor show a max vcore of 1.312v during Prime95. Also even if I put 1.4v vcore in bios, CPUz only shows 1.36v in idle and 1.312v when using Prime95.

How come vcore doesn't increase to 1.4 when I do so in bios? It gets stuck at 1.312v no matter what. Motherboard temps stay at 27C CPU max out at 67C with Arctic Freezer esports 33. Its like if the motherboard is too weak to provide higher Vcore.

Is my motherboard too weak for the 1800X? Do I need a new motherboard?
If so I will just wait for Ryzen 4000 and upgrade the CPU+motherboard together so it worth the upgrade.

PC is mostly not crashing during gaming, only Prime95. Some games like Quake Champions crashes to desktop with an error message after 30 min of game play. I tested my RAM for 2 hours no errors, it only crashes with Prime95 CPU max stress/heat test.

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
So I tried the normal CPU test in Prime95 instead of max heat/stress and vcore went up to 1.344v.
Again the motherboard seems to be throttling the CPU.

Edit: I defaulted the bios and set XMP to 3333Mhz, Prime95 max stress/heat test stopped crashing maxing temps at 59C, vcore is at default 1.2v. Quake Champions stopped crashing. The motherboard can handle a stock 1800X but no overclock. What surprised me is that single core boost is 4.1Ghz instead of 4.0Ghz.
So I tried the normal CPU test in Prime95 instead of max heat/stress and vcore went up to 1.344v.
Again the motherboard seems to be throttling the CPU.

Edit: I defaulted the bios and set XMP to 3333Mhz, Prime95 max stress/heat test stopped crashing maxing temps at 59C, vcore is at default 1.2v. Quake Champions stopped crashing. The motherboard can handle a stock 1800X but no overclock. What surprised me is that single core boost is 4.1Ghz instead of 4.0Ghz.

Last edited:
Solution