I've got this system

Ryzen 5 3600 running with a wraith prism for the cooler
16gb ddr4 3000 Crucial Ballistix ram
250gb Samsung 960 Evo nvme drive
2 1tb hard drives
GTX 1660 Super
PowerSpec 750 watt power supply
Cooler Master MB511 case with 6 120mm fans installed

Currently my ram is installed as 2 8gb sticks running dual channel.

If I were to buy another 2x8gb kit of ddr4 3200 for example since ram is cheap now, would my ram slow down or how would the system react to it? From what I've seen on youtube etc, the extra ram does help a bit. And with ram being so reasonably priced now, might be a good time to shop.

I am aware that in a normal scenario, the 3200mhz ram would slow down to ddr4 3000 to match the other sticks. That's probably not a deal breaker. Just want to be sure I wouldn't drop to like 2400 or 2666.

Oh you definitely have a point. Thankfully I've got microcenter just down the road. So my plan would be purchase there in case of a return. Sounds like the only way to know is to try it then. Guess I'll see how the budget looks.

Thought about 2 16gb sticks, but hate to re buy that first 16gb.

Ok. Thank you. Not too familiar with ram overclock tbh. Also, had to remove the heatspreaders from my crucial ram as one heatspreader was coming off, like the glue was coming loose inside to the point I was having a hard time with getting the stick to actually seat into the slot. And having only one stick of a matched set with a heatspreader would have looked funny lol.