ASRock AB350 Pro4 BIOS Update

May 9, 2018
For a couple months now I haven't been able to boot Windows 10 on my custom PC build. Luckily I know a couple people with degrees in computer science who have been able to help. I'm almost entirely certain that the problem isn't with my hardware. It was recommended to me that I try updating my BIOS - using ASRock's Instant Flash tool - to the most recent version. I had been on version P2.60, now I'm on version P4.70. However, I've been advised, after the fact, not to update beyond P4.60.

This brings me to my question, can I download the 4.60 update from ASRock's website, put it on a USB drive, and install it with Instant Flash, like I did with the other updates? (I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I'd rather ask than risk bricking my motherboard by being an idiot.)

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
You can get into the BIOS? But cant boot into windows? If so there is no reason I can think of that a BIOS update would fix that. The issue is probably with your windows install, I would try reinstalling windows before doing a BIOS update I highly doubt will do anything besides update the BIOS.

If you want to be sure you don't brick the BIOS follow the process in your motherboards manual to the letter for updating the BIOS.

May 9, 2018

I didn't think a BIOS update would do anything either, and it hasn't, but it was recommended to me by someone with MUCH more experience working with computers than I do. And yes, I agree that the problem is almost definitely with my Windows install. However, actually reinstalling Windows is proving to amazingly tedious. (Mainly because simply booting from the original USB drive accomplishes nothing, and wiping the SSD itself has been problematic.)

wayneboyd1979

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
install 3.40 in windows using this bios.
pc will restart and continue its update.

once done install 4.90 from the bios itself via a usb with the rom.

thats it done this today to get a ryzen 2700x working.
this board wont update via the bios before 2017 due to a bios issue so windows bios first in windows and then let it finish 3.40 after it reboots and then go into bios and install 4.90.
weve done it and it works thats it.
simple ignore sbout dos etc...... as you wont do it. this works and its a 5min job. note bios 4.90 needs a fat32 usb stick and extract the rom wich is about 16mb on the usb stick.
Asrock site does state use win rom bios 3.40 first as people are missing this, it took me about 30mins of research why and how. just be patient guys and newbies please dont confuse people heads.