Question ASRock AB350 Pro4 won't post

pawel007

Commendable
Mar 25, 2018
Hello,

I've been running a system for 3 years without issues, no overclocking on anything.
I bought additional RAM, same exact RAM, installed it, now PC won't POST. The fast move ever so slightly, but that's it.

This is a rig I've built myself (I've done dozens)

Specs:
MB:
Asrock ab350M Pro4 AM4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Cooler: Wraith Spire Cooler (came with CPU)
Hard Drive: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060
Case: NZXT S340 Glossy Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: EVGA 500 B1, 80+ BRONZE 500W Power Supply
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

No changes were made (overclocking or anything else) before adding more RAM. I added the same exact RAM, 2 more sticks of 8GB. I've since attempted to clear the CMOS via jumper and battery. I was running the latest version of BIOS 6.40.
Even if I try just the old RAM, still nothing. I have the side of the case open when attempting to boot, but that shouldn't matter, right? There isn't some kill switch on the case if open?
Since trying the RAM on only A2 and all combos, I even checked the PSU with the paperclip (can't find the original power test socket they sent me) and it does not turn on.
Doesn't make sense to me that the PSU would go by only adding RAM.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance

pawel007

Commendable
Mar 25, 2018
Do you mean the ON/OFF switch? I don't see any other. And yes, I turned that off and unplugged when adding the RAM. Every time I cleared CMOS etc, I unplugged and turned switch off, but obviously turn it ON before hitting POWER button. The fans turn just slightly, but that's it

TRENDING THREADS