[SOLVED] ASRock AB350M and Ryzen 3600 not posting

lambo7

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2013
Hi everyone.
I just swapped my son? Ryzen 1600 to a 3600 but it just won? post.
I turn it on and the fan starts but nothing else happens. I put the 1600 back in and everything works again. I?e even updated the bios to P5.90. Please please help.
Thanks

Solution
ASRock AB350M motherboard. Corsair CM650w PSU, XR5700xt GPU, Windows 10. 16gb DDR4 3200mhz.
It looks like you need a BIOS update. Your motherboard is running a BIOS version supported for that first gen Ryzen processor. Flashing the newest BIOS on a board is very easy. Just look up a quick tutorial for your board model. Once you have the latest BIOS version installed, your motherboard will recognize that third gen Ryzen processor. Hope this helps!
ASRock AB350M motherboard. Corsair CM650w PSU, XR5700xt GPU, Windows 10. 16gb DDR4 3200mhz.
It looks like you need a BIOS update. Your motherboard is running a BIOS version supported for that first gen Ryzen processor. Flashing the newest BIOS on a board is very easy. Just look up a quick tutorial for your board model. Once you have the latest BIOS version installed, your motherboard will recognize that third gen Ryzen processor. Hope this helps!

Solution
PS, I just saw you updated it already, try to find a newer version, idk if thats the newest one out there for your board if its still not posting.

Jul 25, 2020
I flashed an older bios and it’s now working

Hey @lambo7, I have almost the exact same problem. My bios alredy updated to P5.90, and when I tried to switch my old 1200 to 3600, I could only able to enter cmos setup after a minute, and forever loading windows.

Tried to downgrade the bios to one that older than P5.90 but it says invalid file, and I read somewhere, it cant be downgraded using instant flash tools from the cmos setting, and we could only flash it using AMIBIOS method.

Do you mind sharing how you actually downgrade the bios and able to solve the problem? Some says it a RAM problem and some says that I might need to do fresh windows install. But I saw other cases where that also doesnt work.

Really need some assist here buddy. Thanks