Question AsRock AB350M Pro4 will not POST after CPU upgrade

Feb 19, 2019
Upgraded a system from a Ryzen 5 1400 + 1050ti to a Ryzen 5 2600 + rx 580. The GPU works great, but when I put the new processor in, the system does not post. No beep codes from the motherboard, no video, and boot does not complete -- no lights on the USB keyboard.

If I swap back to the original CPU, all works well, including the new GPU. System does not POST in any configuration with the 2600 -- new GPU, old GPU (a zotac 1050ti), or no additional GPU (on-board graphics).

I RMA'd the CPU with Amazon and this happens with the second 2600, so I don't think it's a problem with the processor. Any ideas what the problem could be before I buy a new mobo?

Thanks!

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Read through the BIOS info to see if there was a bridge BIOS or driver update that needed to be installed along the way. Seems like I recall reading about my previous ASRock needing an updated driver pack prior to the upgrade.

"
Update AMD AGESA to 1.0.0.6.
  • Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.10.20_NHDA" or a later version before updating to this BIOS.
  • If the current BIOS version is older than P3.60, please update BIOS to P3.60(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.
  • If you updated the BIOS before updating the AMD all in one driver, please refer to the Display recovery SOP to recover your system."

Feb 19, 2019
Read through the BIOS info to see if there was a bridge BIOS or driver update that needed to be installed along the way. Seems like I recall reading about my previous ASRock needing an updated driver pack prior to the upgrade.

"
Update AMD AGESA to 1.0.0.6.
  • Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.10.20_NHDA" or a later version before updating to this BIOS.
  • If the current BIOS version is older than P3.60, please update BIOS to P3.60(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.
  • If you updated the BIOS before updating the AMD all in one driver, please refer to the Display recovery SOP to recover your system."
Thanks. I updated to the bridge and installed the driver pack prior to going to 5.5

Feb 19, 2019
Have you cleared CMOS after BIOS update? Use the jumper or remove the battery.
Do you have a speaker attached to the motherboard? I wasn't aware that the AB350M has an inbuilt one.

It's got a little 2-wire speaker connected to the board. Got beep codes with the GPU removed, so it appears to work.

Clearing the CMOS shortly.

Feb 19, 2019
The system will not boot with the Ryzen 2600 in any configuration, including a single memory module and a 1050ti, which is easily within the system specs.

The PSU should be fine for boot.