ASROCK AB350M Pro4 Wont Post! Please help!

seien

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Guys, Ill be honest. I'm absolutely desperate. I just can't figure this one out. At this point im close to sending it all back and giving up. I hope someone can help!

Basically, all the fans work so everything is getting power, but there is no output to the monitor.

Specs:
MB: Asrock ab350M Pro4 AM4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3.4GHZ 8-core
Cooler: Cryorig C7 with AM4 Upgrade Kit
Hard Drive: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C
PSU: Corsaire CX-M Series CX550M
Ram: G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8gb) Model F4-2400C15D-16GFX

I have read up a bunch of threads and i've tried the most common solves people have had. Here is what I have already tried:

1) Making sure Ram is correctly slotted in 2/4 slots (it took more force than I was expecting)

2) Testing the GPU on another computer and it works perfectly

3) Originally I had ram that wasn't listed QVL so I just changed to the Flare X thinking that would solve it. It did not =( (Original ram GeIL Evo Potenza 16GB Model GPR416GB2400C16DC which was not the specific AMD Ryzen edition so I thought maybe that was causing it not to post)

4) Plugging the monitor into the graphics card only. Took me a while and some reading to realize that the integrated graphics doesn't work on this board.

5) Removing the MB from the case on the offchance that one of the mb mounts was incorrect or touching the board and shorting it. I can't remember if this was before I realized the integrated graphics didn't work though, so maybe I should do that with the graphics card hooked up again.

6) Along with step 5 I unplugged everything non essential (HD, case fans, etc) and just left the Ram, CPU, heatsink, case power (to turn on), to see if it would post, but it did not.

7) I tried booting with No ram in. When I did this, it stayed on for about 15 seconds (but no post) and then rebooted. If I leave it, it continues this cycle of Rebooting every 15 seconds.

8) Unplugged and replugged everything back in just in case I had something halfway plugged in

9) Resetting CMOS

I'm gonna be honest, I'm really discouraged. I have built 4 computers and no problems (but I am in no way even an ametuer, I really barely know what i'm doing). I have asked multiple people if it could be the motherboard, and they all say that it COULD but it's unlikely. Is there something i'm missing? Im almost to the point of offering to pay someone for the solution! Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
I GOT IT!!!!!! WOW! Here is what I finally determined and how I fixed it.

After being completely perplexed by the fact that the speaker would give all appropriate error codes when I removed the RAM and the graphics card, I finally thought "Maybe when I tried to clear the CMOS somehow I didn't do it right?" So, I looked in my manual and follwed the instructions again (move the pins, wait 5 seconds, move them back) but it didn't do anything. THEN, I googled CMOS reset options, and someone on a forum said that you could try to boot it with the CMOS in reset mode. I did that and it gave me a flicker of blue screen. That was the first thing that I have seen on the monitor! I switched it back, and VOILLA! So maybe I was doing some cmos...

seien

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
I GOT IT!!!!!! WOW! Here is what I finally determined and how I fixed it.

After being completely perplexed by the fact that the speaker would give all appropriate error codes when I removed the RAM and the graphics card, I finally thought "Maybe when I tried to clear the CMOS somehow I didn't do it right?" So, I looked in my manual and follwed the instructions again (move the pins, wait 5 seconds, move them back) but it didn't do anything. THEN, I googled CMOS reset options, and someone on a forum said that you could try to boot it with the CMOS in reset mode. I did that and it gave me a flicker of blue screen. That was the first thing that I have seen on the monitor! I switched it back, and VOILLA! So maybe I was doing some cmos resetting incorrectly?

For anyone reading this later, Here is what I believe was the problem in its entirety. I bought incompatible ram (intel, not AMD potenza). I Got the New compatible ram in. However, I must not have been correctly resetting the CMOS and so it was storing the information from the incompatible ram while trying to run with the new ram. Once I cleared the CMOS, the new ram worked like a charm and the computer POSTed.

Solution

tropicalfruitcake

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

I'm having a problem with trying to enable integrated graphics on my ab350m... are you saying you can't do that??

MattSoftwareGuy

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017

If you’re using an AM3+ APU it supports integrated graphics. The Ryzen chips have no integrated graphics, and if that’s what you are using it won’t display anything through the display ports on your motherboard.