Question Asrock B150m Pro4/Hyper i7 6700 BCLK OC?

OmkarSANAS

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
I have non-k CPU i7 6700 and have the latest bios in my motherboard 7.20. Whenever I change the ratio the PC doesn't boot and have to reset the bios to make it boot. I've seen video of this mb on OC non k CPU but he had 1.6 bios. So I wanted to know whether downgrading BIOS is a good thing and if it is safe to perform in my case?

Lutfij

Titan
I wouldn't down grade the BIOS if I were you, I'd also leave BCLK overclocking alone since you're on a B150 chipset motherboard. Also, overclocking requires you to have all other hardware working in unison. What is the make and model of your PSU and what form of cooling are you working with?? Overclocking on that processor will generate more heat. Also wondering what the airflow in your chassis is like...?

OmkarSANAS

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
I wouldn't down grade the BIOS if I were you, I'd also leave BCLK overclocking alone since you're on a B150 chipset motherboard. Also, overclocking requires you to have all other hardware working in unison. What is the make and model of your PSU and what form of cooling are you working with?? Overclocking on that processor will generate more heat. Also wondering what the airflow in your chassis is like...?

Case: NZXT H510i
PSU: 750W
Cooler: NZXT Kraken x52
I have 2 exhaust at back and top and front 240mm radiator intake
CPU temps while Gaming on games like Apex Legends doesn't exceed more than 50 deg