[SOLVED] Asrock B250 led's turns off (PC doesn't power on)

Jan 26, 2021
MoBo: Asrock B250 Gaming K4

So last month my pc wasn't turnin on anymore. I though at first that this might be a PSU problem. So i changed my psu to this brand new one (XPG Core Reactor 650W Gold) and the problem still persists. The Motherboard Led's turns on for 1 second, and then turn off. I can't turn my pc on. I want to change my motherboard, but i do wonder if this problem is indeed about her. I was thinking if this could be a cpu problem aswell? (Right now i do not have any other hardware to test it on, unfortunatly. )

Another question is: I tested this new psu on my MoBo. If my MoBo is in bad condition, could it be that my new psu be damaged somehow, just because i tested it on a faulty mobo?

Solution
The new PSU is probably fine, I would suspect it is possible the old PSU, damaged the motherboard. Personally, I wouldn't sink money into a dead platform though. You could reuse everything else, and just swap the CPU, and motherboard, for now.

logainofhades

Titan
The new PSU is probably fine, I would suspect it is possible the old PSU, damaged the motherboard. Personally, I wouldn't sink money into a dead platform though. You could reuse everything else, and just swap the CPU, and motherboard, for now.

Solution
Jan 26, 2021

Yep, thats what i'm going to do. For now i will think about a new MoBo, and then change my cpu