Asrock B250M Pro4 - Ram slot stopped working

halaszdavid61

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018
Hi all,
I have this motherboard since March, I haven't added or changed any component since I build this PC. Specs : G4560, 8GB Crucial DDR4, 120GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD.

Yesterday the PC was not booting, I checked te BIOS, the SSD was not on the list (it happened before). I unplugged the HDD, and I restarted the PC. The windows was booting without any problem from the SSD. Then suddenly after a few minutes the screen froze under google chrome. The Pc was not responding, I tried to restart it - nothing happened. I pressed down the power button and the PC stucked in some kind of restart loop . Fans are spinning for 1-2 sec, and nothing happens after that. Video attached about the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UqwXk6Y9BE

I started to troubleshooting and I found out if I don't have any ram at the first 2 Slots the PC working fine. I re-flashed the BIOS (version 2.5) - nothing happened, CMOS was cleared also.

I need help to fix this issue, I already ordered more rams for my PC. I also have warranty for the Mobo.

Thanks in advance

halaszdavid61

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018

Yes, I have the latest drivers and latest windows updates.

I forgot to mention above, that yesterday I switched from Wifi adapter to LAN. Now I'm using the motherboards LAN connector.

Your video seems to show a video card. Have you tried booting without the video card?

halaszdavid61

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018

Yes,I tried it. Same thing happened, restart loop like in the video. I had to remove the GPU, because the cmos battery was below the GPU.

Is it still the case if you "don't have any ram at the first 2 Slots the PC works fine"?

halaszdavid61

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018
[/quotemsg]
Is it still the case if you "don't have any ram at the first 2 Slots the PC works fine"?
[/quotemsg]

Yes, it is still valid, but this morning I removed the CPU cooler and the CPU, and I just saw a pin which was bended to the opposite direction. Might this could be a root cause, but I still don't get it why was it working before...

I don't know what happened or how, I was careful when I installed the CPU back in March.

317Clipboard01.jpg

halaszdavid61

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018

Yes I tried, to unplugged almost every part and tried to boot the system... Tomorrow I will bring the motherboard with me to work, one of my IT friend will check the socket pin.

halaszdavid61

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018

CPU socket pin issue was solved, I still have the same issue, if I leave a Ram in the first two slot the pc will stuck in an infite boot loop.

I checked the mother board's forum to look for similar problems:
http://

Have you checked if there is any dirt in the first two RAM slots?

halaszdavid61

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018

Yes, that was one of the first things what I tried. I contacted the retailer's warranty departmen, this week I will bring it back to them, they need 3-4 weeks to investigate/solve this problem...

halaszdavid61

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018
Problem was solved, before I packed the motherboard for shipping I checked the CPU socket pins again...

I tried to bend them again, I also cleaned the cpu socket with compressed air and now its working... :)

34583161_1889227357788563_2960030416033021952_n.png