Question ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4 argb issue!

sagor1

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2012
I can't sync Antec DP501 with ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4.

I built this setup today...but i don't have much knowledge about rgb/argb thing.

Please guide me how can i sync my casing light with my mobo.

Currently only RED light is glowing.

EaONdtF.jpg

m60kjXw.jpg

Last edited:
The case comes with the build-in AGRB controller, you need to connect the 3-pin ARGB cable from the controller into your MB, which has a 3-pin ADDR_LED1 ( check the manual page 7 and page 24. Don't mix up to the 4-pin regular RGB header, otherwise you will kill the MB.

sagor1

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2012
The case comes with the build-in AGRB controller, you need to connect the 3-pin ARGB cable from the controller into your MB, which has a 3-pin ADDR_LED1 ( check the manual page 7 and page 24. Don't mix up to the 4-pin regular RGB header, otherwise you will kill the MB.
I connect that cable on ARGB (written on motherboard) header.
Look at the 1st pic.

sagor1

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2012
According to the manual, the ARGB header should be near the PCIE 3, but any way, do you use the fans or the strip? If you use the fans, do you connect the fan (maybe the 4-pin) power cable? Aslo you need to install the asrock RGB software too.
ASRock Polychrome SYNC https://www.asrock.com/microsite/PolychromeRGB/

I check the asrock again, your MB is B365M, that is why it is next to the RAM.
I don't connect any other fan or strip except casing preinstalled back exhaust fan.
I connect it with 4pin header...but the fan has 3pin.I installed that software.That's how i face this problem.

sagor1

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2012
You need to connect that RGB SW into the MB front panel connector too. Check your MB manual.
You mean the where the power on/off/restart connector are connected r8?
i connected it at 1st now i unplug it.Btw if i connect this header to the casing argb contoller then i can change the light effect via casing mode button.

1. Is the RGB SW from the case? or from the argb controller?
  2. I can't find any manual or instruction for the argb controller. So you may ask Antec for more info. But if you want to use the controller, usually you need to connect the fan/strip into the controller with the power cable ( either sata power cable, or 3/or 4pin power cable or the 4 pin molex cable) + the argb cable. If you want to control the rgb fan and strip with asrock MB, you may bypass the controller.

sagor1

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2012
  1. Is the RGB SW from the case? or from the argb controller?
  2. I can't find any manual or instruction for the argb controller. So you may ask Antec for more info. But if you want to use the controller, usually you need to connect the fan/strip into the controller with the power cable ( either sata power cable, or 3/or 4pin power cable or the 4 pin molex cable) + the argb cable. If you want to control the rgb fan and strip with asrock MB, you may bypass the controller.
1.Case.It's attach with the power & restart button cable.
2.I want to controll it with mobo.

sagor1

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2012
Update-It's working now.
Thanx to the US antec support team....Europe support team sucks...they sent me my motherboard supported connection pic & said it doesn't have argb port!Which is clearly written in that pic it has 1 argb header!!!
All i have do is plug the rgb sw port to the case argb controller & press the case mode button for couple of second.:)