Question Asrock B450 Pro 4 Memory Capacity can i Ocupy all Slots with 2666 8gig sticks and it work?

Aug 10, 2019
I currently am running Asrock B450 Pro 4 and Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4.1ghrtz with 2 sticks of Crucial Balistix Sport 2666mghrtz Ram in duel chanel mode ocupying Ram slot a2 and b2 will it stay duel channel if i add 2 more 8gig sticks to the open slots or recognize it?

Aug 10, 2019
The Ram is all identical Crusial Balistix Sport 2666mghrtz 2x8gig = 16gigs @2933 now is Pretty Fast i am just curious if it would be Faster with 4sticks and occupy all Slots if it would hurt or help! Always Testing configurations i know Ram timings and have made intel ram work on my AMD rigs Easily have been tuning Bios for 27 years! i Like testing boundaries https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wTs63b

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The Ram is all identical 2x8gig = 16gigs @2933 now is Pretty Fast i am just curious if it would be Faster with 4sticks and ocupy all Slots!
No speed increase, and still dual channel. Only increased capacity.
It is NOT identical. Ram is only guaranteed to work as sold.
You can buy sticks that look alike(same brand, rated speed, timings), but that does not guarantee they'll work together - but I will say that has the highest compatibility when it comes to mixing kits.
Should you still decide to mix anyway, do run tests to confirm stability.
-AIDA64
-Prime95 blend test
-memtest86

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I should add, for example: Say you buy a 2x8GB 3200mhz G.Skill Ripjaws V kit.
-tons of ram modules are made in 'batches'. I'll say the above kit is from batch [L0L!1337NOOB]

Later on, you want to add 16GB more, and buy the 'same' kit.
-this kit will be from batch [L0L!1338NOOB]

After adding the other kit, you later experience BSODs, and other crashes.

My point was, unless both kits literally came from the same batch, all bets are off concerning stability. You might win, you might lose.