[SOLVED] Asrock b450 Pro with Ryzen 3 no Post and Reboot

Jan 12, 2019
New build. Specs are as follows:

Asrock B450 Pro4 Moro
Ryzen 3 2200G CPU
EVGA 600W PS
Corsair DDR4 2400 MHz RAM 2x4GB
MSI Radeon RX580 GC

Power up, reboots every 20 seconds. No beeps coming from installed case speaker. No video output at all.

Tried everything, RAM replace, clear CMOS,, etc.

Any ideas?

Solution
So, same motherboard different ram, GPU, and PSU.

I had the same issue, are you using the HDMI on the board, or on GPU? I was using the one on the board for initial setup...and that's what was causing mine to do the same thing. Try using the GPU, if you aren't already.

Also, by default (from BIOS) the internal sound (BEEP) is disabled on this board.

Also, also, from your RAM, i think you should be using slots A_2 and B_2 on the board? Page 22 of the Manual (http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/B450M%20Pro4.pdf)
I've read that AMD can start doing weird things if the ram isn't in the right spots.

keilan

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
So, same motherboard different ram, GPU, and PSU.

I had the same issue, are you using the HDMI on the board, or on GPU? I was using the one on the board for initial setup...and that's what was causing mine to do the same thing. Try using the GPU, if you aren't already.

Also, by default (from BIOS) the internal sound (BEEP) is disabled on this board.

Also, also, from your RAM, i think you should be using slots A_2 and B_2 on the board? Page 22 of the Manual (http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/B450M%20Pro4.pdf)
I've read that AMD can start doing weird things if the ram isn't in the right spots.

Solution
Jan 16, 2019
I had the same problem on the micro ATX variant a week ago, with my first build. My mobo didn't POST and reboot around every 20 seconds. Fans spun. The problem was that the RAM wasn't well seated. Make sure the slot clicks when you put the RAM in, and make sure you can't see the gold pins of the RAM module. If you can (which was my problem (it clicked into place)), try applying more pressure when seating the RAM on the side you can see the gold pins. Btw, don't be scared when you seat the RAM. It can take a lot of force to do it.
I hope this helps

Mar 21, 2019
OP, did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem on the same motherboard. I've tested the PSU and disconnected everything else to eliminate unwanted factors. Still a problem. I'll post back here if I figure it out.

May 15, 2019
I have the same problem.
My computer starts, but after 20 or 30 seconds it reboots, and stays in that process forever.
My opinion is that it is something related to memories.
I have 2x 8gb Gigabyte 2666.
My tests:
RAM A Alone - It Works
RAM B alone - restarts after 20 or 30 seconds
RAM A + B - restarts after 20 or 30 seconds
No RAM - restarts after 20 or 30 seconds
But I tested RAM A and B on another motherboard and it worked.
I think RAM B is not giving enough contact in the motherboard slot.
I tried to force RAM a little but to no avail.

Today, I will try to clear the CMOS and update the BIOS.

Aug 10, 2019
I have the same problem.
My computer starts, but after 20 or 30 seconds it reboots, and stays in that process forever.
My opinion is that it is something related to memories.
I have 2x 8gb Gigabyte 2666.
My tests:
RAM A Alone - It Works
RAM B alone - restarts after 20 or 30 seconds
RAM A + B - restarts after 20 or 30 seconds
No RAM - restarts after 20 or 30 seconds
But I tested RAM A and B on another motherboard and it worked.
I think RAM B is not giving enough contact in the motherboard slot.
I tried to force RAM a little but to no avail.

Today, I will try to clear the CMOS and update the BIOS.
Did you ever find a solution here? I unfortunately just bought a B450 motherboard and a Ryzen 5 2600 and am having the same problem. Resets every 20 seconds and no video.

TRENDING THREADS