[SOLVED] Asrock b450 pro4 atx am4 USB/network plug power problems?

Dec 6, 2018
Hi all,

I just got a brand new pc and got some little problems. For some reason when I turn my pc on or wake it up, like half time the keyboard/mouse doesn't work. Sometimes they don't work even if the lights are on ( SteelSeries Rival 110 and a basic whatever keyboard). If I restart it, most probably it will work. Then the other one is with the network plug. I don't have wifi on my mobo or wifi network adapter so I use a cable from my hub. The same thing applies here as well, sometimes when I turn my pc on, it just show's there's no internet. I guess that's because the plug wouldn't have any power yet? or smth like that.

I've tried to play around with advanced power management to have the USB not turned off while sleep, or to turn off Windows fast boot etc. But this still occurs. Here's the software/hardware info.

software: Win10 PRO, latest mobo driver, latest gpu driver, I got the Sapphire Trixx for my GPU colors/fan/oc control, a small software to watch cpu/gpu/mobo etc temperatures, Steam, CS;GO, Dota2, Ring of Elysium and PUBG. ( I am wondering if I should have installed any driver for the CPU itself, I don't get that( for hardware drivers I installed the whole mobo latest and the GPU latest)

hardware:

mobo: Asrock b450 pro4 atx am4
cpu: r5 2600x w stock cooler
gpu: rx 580 8gb sapphire nitro+ special edition
ddram: vengeance lpx 2x8gb(3000mhz) set to 3000mhz via bios
ssd: samsung evo 970 500gb

psu: corsair txm gold 650w 80+ gold certified semi modularfans: 4 corsais sp120 leds( 2 intake 2 exhaust)case: phanteks p300if need more specific hardware info, click here

thanks for your help, please let me know if you need any additional info

ps. I just realized that my version of DDRAM is not on the list of Memory QVL for Asrock b450 pro4 atx am4. I don't know if that matters or not.

Solution
Why not just update to latest?
Often times, if you have a significant number of BIOS revisions between the current one out on support's site and your current motherboard BIOS, simply jumping to the latest can leave you with a bricked board. There is also the matter about previous BIOS versions acting as incremental upgrades leading upto the latest.

On a side note, it's always healthy to follow up with the info included in BIOS notes to see if BIOS needs prior versions installed in order to move forward and/or if they were recalled. There is also the matter about some BIOS dev's removing or adding features in BIOS so it doesn't hurt to see if there are drastic changes.
Dec 6, 2018

Hey,
thanks for your answer. this is a particular suggestion for this motherboard or just in general? Also I upgrade my bios from the bios itself or from windows? sorry, I just got my hands onto building/setting up a pc myself :)
What do you think about my DDRams set to 3000 when it's not even mentioned on the list of Memory QVL for the mobo?

computerjoe314

Respectable
Jan 2, 2019

Hey,
thanks for your answer. this is a particular suggestion for this motherboard or just in general? Also I upgrade my bios from the bios itself or from windows? sorry, I just got my hands onto building/setting up a pc myself :)
What do you think about my DDRams set to 3000 when it's not even mentioned on the list of Memory QVL for the mobo?
You upgrade the bios in the bios itself.
If your RAM is still stable than I see no problem with it.
I thing that the suggestion is for all motherboards, not just yours.
Hope I can help!

Lutfij

Titan
Why not just update to latest?
Often times, if you have a significant number of BIOS revisions between the current one out on support's site and your current motherboard BIOS, simply jumping to the latest can leave you with a bricked board. There is also the matter about previous BIOS versions acting as incremental upgrades leading upto the latest.

On a side note, it's always healthy to follow up with the info included in BIOS notes to see if BIOS needs prior versions installed in order to move forward and/or if they were recalled. There is also the matter about some BIOS dev's removing or adding features in BIOS so it doesn't hurt to see if there are drastic changes.

Solution

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
There is also the matter about previous BIOS versions acting as incremental upgrades leading upto the latest
That's not how it works though. New BIOS revs don't add over top of the BIOS that's currently loaded. Each BIOS rev is the entire binary, and flashing it fully overwrites the previous binary. If you compare two different BIOS revs (for the same mobo), the .rom files will be the exact same size for this reason.

Last edited: