[SOLVED] ASROCK B450 pro4 can't find PBO

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
Where do I turn off the PBO in bios on an asrock b450 pro4. Im running a ryzen 7 2700x alongside a bequiet dark rock 4 and im getting high temps in ryzen master around 67 to 70degrees. So someone told me to turn off PBO but I can't find it. Also any other settings i should turn on or off on an asrock b450 pro4 besides ram profile which i already set to XMP .

Solution
yep found it once i opened XFR enhancement there were two folders disabled which would send me back out of the XFR folder if i pressed it and another folder called enable in which i found PBO finally which was in deed set to auto. So what do you think should i disable it ? What are the downsides of disabling it? My main issue is im having high idle temps on ryzen 7 2700x with a great cooler( Bequiet dark rock 4) and someone told me i should disable PBO when air cooling
Downsides can be bit lower performance number, what you can do is test it out for yourself. With pbo off, what are you idle temps and performance number, and with it on, what are the temps and numbers. compare them and see if what the difference is. Btw 70 degrees...

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
Whats in XFR enhancement? i think it is there, i read about this somewhere that asrock put pbo under this. Ill see if i can find that post

EDIT: found it, http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9279&title=xfr2-and-pbo
yep found it once i opened XFR enhancement there were two folders disabled which would send me back out of the XFR folder if i pressed it and another folder called enable in which i found PBO finally which was in deed set to auto. So what do you think should i disable it ? What are the downsides of disabling it? My main issue is im having high idle temps on ryzen 7 2700x with a great cooler( Bequiet dark rock 4) and someone told me i should disable PBO when air cooling

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
Downsides can be bit lower performance number, what you can do is test it out for yourself. With pbo off, what are you idle temps and performance number, and with it on, what are the temps and numbers. compare them and see if what the difference is. Btw 70 degrees is normal under load.

Solution

Drew2345

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
Downsides can be bit lower performance number, what you can do is test it out for yourself. With pbo off, what are you idle temps and performance number, and with it on, what are the temps and numbers. compare them and see if what the difference is. Btw 70 degrees is normal under load.
nah im really happy with it off honestly, im getting about 55degrees in warzone which gets the cpu high to about 44% load which is cool with me