Question Asrock b450 pro4 ram installation

Dec 13, 2019
Hello everyone! This is my first post, so i recently bought a ryzen 5 3600 with a asrock b450 pro4 motherboard and 2x8gb corsair vengeance lpx 3000MHz dual channel and from the manual of the motherboard on how to install the ram is confusing me. Can u help me in which spots to install my memory?

Rystex Slots A2 and B2 only. If you place the two RAM DIMMs in any other combination of slots, enable XMP and set RAM speed to spec 3,000 MHz, you will very likely have huge system instability and system freezes before your machine even POSTs. By the way, I own that board, therefore I speak from experience.

Addendum: My advice is also directly from the Asrock B450 Pro manual.

Dec 14, 2020
Rystex Slots A2 and B2 only. If you place the two RAM DIMMs in any other combination of slots, enable XMP and set RAM speed to spec 3,000 MHz, you will very likely have huge system instability and system freezes before your machine even POSTs. By the way, I own that board, therefore I speak from experience.

Addendum: My advice is also directly from the Asrock B450 Pro manual.

Hi.i have 1 ram 16 gb 2666 mhz i put it at b2....working as 2400 at auto in bios....i have some restarts kernel errors etc.someone said that he tried everythink to solver reboot problem.he changed rams with other mhz and problem solved....first question where i can put 1 slot ram a1,b1,a2 or b2 slot? Second question.if i change slot need go to bios and from auto frequence change it an manual?

Pasxalis What is your motherboard manufacturer and model? I will check the owner's manual on your behalf to confirm the proper slot.

Another question: What is the precise manufacturer and model of your RAM. Assuming that your BIOS is updated, then enabling XMP should automatically set your RAM to 2666 MHz.

Dec 14, 2020
Pasxalis What is your motherboard manufacturer and model? I will check the owner's manual on your behalf to confirm the proper slot.

Another question: What is the precise manufacturer and model of your RAM. Assuming that your BIOS is updated, then enabling XMP should automatically set your RAM to 2666 MHz.

RAM HYPERX HX426C13PB3/16 XMP HYPERX PREDATOR 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ...i put at a2 slot and made from bios all to default.my motherboard is asrock b450 pro4.i have 3600 ryzen cpu and 5700 xt asrock 8gb gpu...some times when i am playing make one gzzzz black screen and restart.i found someone telling that he changed all and problem still exist.and he changed ram other frequence and problem solved... :/ error kernel