Question AsRock B450 steel legend doesn't post

Sep 27, 2019
This is is my first build as, I used to buy old used computers in the past.
  • Asrock B450 steel legend
  • Ryzen 5 3400G
  • 2x8 Kingstone HyperX DDR4 3000mhz
  • Segate Barracuda 2TB
It doen't post. All fans and LED lights work, but no peep sound and no keyboard blickling.
I don't know what to do as if the mobo is damaged I might not be able to return it as warranty and return claims suck here in Egypt, and I have also slightly bended the I/O Shield

Please help me I have been saving for a while to buy this none working computer :"(

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019
You need to have BIOS version 2.70 (or newer) installed on the motherboard BEFORE you can use with that model CPU.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Steel Legend/index.asp#CPU
Thanks a lot for your quick respone. I haven't checked the bios version since it has never posted I'd guess I'd go back to seller.

I forgot to mention that the fans and led work for a few seconds then they automatically restart. Is it also caused by old Bios version?

Sep 27, 2019
Could be. Does anything appear on screen?
Nothing at all. The board has HDMI output and the cable came with the screen (BenQ gl 2460bh) is a VGA. I've purchased a 20EGP = $1.23 HDMI cable and not quite sure if it works.
But as nothing is posted to the keyboard I. assumed the cable is fine, and also as speakers don't sound.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS