Question ASRock B450 Steel Legend With ryzen 3600?

jakhmakc

Commendable
Feb 6, 2018
I’m looking at the asrock B450 steel legend and want to know if I would have to flash the BIOS to use a ryzen 3600 or does it come out of the box with the updated BIOS?

You will take a chance since the b450 board you are getting could have been shipped (from manufacturer) before Ryzen 3rd gen were release.

You could get a MSI B450 Gaming Plus, which has a feature (BIOS Flashback) that will allow you to update BIOS without a CPU or even RAM installed.
There are other motherboards models from MSI and Asus with that feature.

jakhmakc

Commendable
Feb 6, 2018
You will take a chance since the b450 board you are getting could have been shipped (from manufacturer) before Ryzen 3rd gen were release.

You could get a MSI B450 Gaming Plus, which has a feature (BIOS Flashback) that will allow you to update BIOS without a CPU or even RAM installed.
There are other motherboards models from MSI and Asus with that feature.
If I bought it after gen 3 came out would the board be compatible with ryzen 3

If I bought it after gen 3 came out would the board be compatible with ryzen 3
Yes, you just need to update the BIOS on B450 motherboards. You will find it in the manufacturer website (under support).
Depending of the motherboard you get, you might need a supported CPU before you can update the BIOS and the you will be able to install a newer gen CPU.

If the motherboard has the BIOS Flashback feature, then you could update the BIOS then install the new CPU.

Well pretty much depends when the mobo was made, I've done a build with the Seel Legend a few weeks ago and it already had support for the new CPUs.
Meaning, most likely most of the mobos out there in the market already have the bios that supports.

Sep 15, 2019
If you are that unsure than go to a physical store and ask question there. Better buy on a physical store or get a bios flash back motherboard. There are option like the MSI Tomahawk MAX motherboard which support 3rd Gen out of the box.

TRENDING THREADS