Question asRock B450 Steel Legend with the wrong bios?

Sep 9, 2020
Recently I purchased a new Ryzen 5 3600 to put into my board and when I went to asRocks website to see if I needed to update my bios for compatibility I couldn't find my bios version listed at all. I then looked under the B450m bios versions and I saw the version I currently have under that mobo (P.290). I bought the board new so is this a manufacturing error or something else?
I've contacted asRock support with no avail, been weeks since I originally sent the ticket.

There is a sticker on the board that says "Ryzen 3000 series ready" but I've heard some mixed things online about that. On top of the fact that I currently have a strange bios version.

Any help appreciated.

Sep 9, 2020
You're sure you have the ATX Steel Legend and not the mATX variant?

If so, it's definitely a little odd that the BIOS isn't on the website (jumps 2.8 to 3.2), but if the board is functional, it 'exists'.

If the box says "3000 series ready", then you should be able to boot as is - and you don't need to update the BIOS regardless.

I'm 1 million percent sure I have the regular B450 Board. Even checked the chips on the board itself. Do you think it would hurt to update it to the latest bios? Version 3.40?

Dec 22, 2020
I'm 1 million percent sure I have the regular B450 Board. Even checked the chips on the board itself. Do you think it would hurt to update it to the latest bios? Version 3.40?

hey! Little late to the game but did you ever figure it out? Having the same issue with my b450m right now. It’s definitely not on the website and asrock has been completely unresponsive. I actually have the 3.30 version for the bios right now, because my boyfriend found and updated it to that for me. It still is having errors like randomly the rgb will glitch out and not do what it was set to do. Other than that no issues. Wondering if you’re experiencing the same?