Question ASRock B450M-HDV Not Enabling PCIE on New RTX 3060

Jul 15, 2022
Hello,

I am upgrading my old gtx1070 to a new 3060 on an ASRock B450M-HDV MOBO. I uninstalled the old drivers and did a fresh install of the new ones for the 3060, updated my BIOS, but the card is not being recognized by the MOBO. It doesn't show up in task manager and in my device manager says that it isn't being used because "Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)". I have looked in the BIOS to try and enable PCIE but that option seems to be grayed out. I am wondering if my MOBO simply isn't compatible with the 3060 (though the Internet seems to indicate that it IS compatible). My CPU is a Ryzen 3600 if that matters.

Jul 15, 2022
motherboard chipset driver up to date?
is windows up to date?

UPDATE: I took my PC to a local repair shop, their diagnostic revealed that the motherboard was faulty but they claimed the GPU to be completely fine. So I bought the ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX and swapped that in today. I was surprised to find that the exact same issues occurred, though a fresh Windows 10 install fixed the Automatic Repair Loop. However I am still getting the error code 35 even though my BIOS is updated. I also went and updated my chipset driver. Any suggestions here?