Question Asrock B450m PRO4 , AMD Ryzen 5 2400g, G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-8GVKB

Feb 20, 2021
Hello guys, i really need your help. I have a pc build with the specs i wrote above amd i tried today to change ram speed (it was at default on 2133mhz). I update bios too and i reached at 2666mhz and when i tried to increase it at 2800mhz i got a blue screen (happened before too on default speed but i could reset system). So, i switched back to default settings but since then, i keep getting a blue screen and windows dont boot. I tried numerous times to reset cmos (with battery removal and bidging pins) but everytime the last settings are there and also windows wont boot. Can you please propose me something else to try? Thanks.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021
Try to repair the Windows, do you have a USB windows boot sick? Just boot with it and try to repair the existing windows.

Thanks for your reply. Yes,i will try that,but should i update bios again or leave the default version? I havent understood why i cant reset my system, although this option available before.

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
Hello guys, i really need your help. I have a pc build with the specs i wrote above amd i tried today to change ram speed (it was at default on 2133mhz). I update bios too and i reached at 2666mhz and when i ttied to increase it at 2800mhz i got a blue screen (happened before too on default speed but i could reset system). So, i switched back to default settings but since then, i keep getting a blue screen and windows dont boot. I tried numerous times to reset cmos (with battery removal and bidging pins) but everytime the last settings are there and also windows wont boot. Can you please propose me something else to try? Thanks.
In which slots you have installed ram

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
I have this pc for almost 2 years, so i havent changed anything. Ram are on the ideal slots..Now, i am trying to fix windows, but i still cant understand why i cant reset bios although i removed cmos battery..
disable fast boot in windows, sometimes fastboot mode dont let change bios settings.
remove all ssd, hdd.
shut down completely power off also then remove ram press power button for 10 sec until all power drained.
remove cmos battery, install after 1 minute install only ram start check bios load setup defaults.

Reactions: ChangeinPortland
Feb 20, 2021
disable fast boot in windows, sometimes fastboot mode dont let change bios settings.
remove all ssd, hdd.
shut down completely power off also then remove ram press power button for 10 sec until all power drained.
remove cmos battery, install after 1 minute install only ram start check bios load setup defaults.
Thanks, i will try all of them and i will inform you about the outcome.

Reactions: Ds_Tech

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
You know, I had something similar happen a few weeks ago when I was upping my stepson's RAM speed in the BIOS from the default 2666 to the rated 3200, and upon restart the machine quite literally wouldn't even POST. One of the weirder things I've seen. I ended up taking the memory out, inserted a single stick of different memory, left the speed alone and it booted. I then took out that single stick, put his two sticks back in and tried the speed again...that time it worked. I only did up to 3000 to test it out but ended up not having enough time to go through the BIOS again to do the 3200 push again. Which is ok, because it's running a little faster on his machine now and it isn't hanging at POST.

This may or may not be a solution, but just something I'd experienced and done here recently.

Good luck!

Feb 20, 2021
I followed the steps you mentioned (removal of ram,ssd,hdd etc) and now the pc reboots every 10, seconds. Should i remove the cmos battery again?

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
I followed the steps you mentioned (removal of ram,ssd,hdd etc) and now the pc reboots every 10, seconds. Should i remove the cmos battery again?
just install single ram install battery goto bios load setup default save exit then connect other ram devices one by one and check.