Question asrock b450m pro4 boot loop

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2019
i recently bought some items for a new build, but when i tried to boot it it kept turning on, staying on for 20-30 secs and then shutting off again.

PC components:

Ryzen 5 2600,

Asrock b450m pro4,

Be quiet! System power 9 600W,

xfx radeon rx 580 xxx edition,

G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200 Mhz

i dont know what to do. I tried clearing the cmos(with a paperclip because the motherboard didnt include a jumper)

i tried reseting the bios by unplugging the power from the wall and pressing power button, then taking the battery out for 5 minutes and putting it back on.

i double checked if the cables were in the right place.

All fans are spinning however, it doesn't seem to be working properly.

I'm afraid it might be either that the motherboard is fried or that the cpu isnt well seated and/or it has some bent pins from the installation process. Thanks to everyone that helps me resolve my issue

Oct 13, 2019
Take the board out, set it on the motherboard box, hook everything up, and see if it boots up properly. That will eliminate any possibility of a short due to case, or that IO shield. You did use the motherboard standoffs, in your case, correct?
When i got the motherboard, there was a foam surface on the back side of the motherboard. Should i use that to put the motherboard on ot do i just set it on the mobo box

Oct 13, 2019
Take the board out, set it on the motherboard box, hook everything up, and see if it boots up properly. That will eliminate any possibility of a short due to case, or that IO shield. You did use the motherboard standoffs, in your case, correct?
I just found put that by plugging off the connector for the cpu it doesnt boot loop. It stays on. What could that mean

Oct 13, 2019
i recently bought some items for a new build, but when i tried to boot it it kept turning on, staying on for 20-30 secs and then shutting off again.

PC components:

Ryzen 5 2600,

Asrock b450m pro4,

i dont know what to do. I tried clearing the cmos(with a paperclip because the motherboard didnt include a jumper)

i tried reseting the bios by unplugging the power from the wall and pressing power button, then taking the battery out for 5 minutes and putting it back on.

I'm afraid it might be either that the motherboard is fried or that the cpu isnt well seated and/or it has some bent pins from the installation process. Thanks to everyone that helps me resolve my issue
Guyz, im pretty stressed out right now. I took out the cpu fan by mistake and i put it back on without changing thermal paste. The pc has been assembled for a week now, its been powered on a couple times and i dont know if i have to replace the thermal paste or not. Please help😥😥😥

Oct 13, 2019

PC components:

Ryzen 5 2600,

Asrock b450m pro4,

The ram was not inserted properly. I went in deep trouble for no reason

Now, that the thread was solved, some references for my post regarding tv not working in BIOS:

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Now, that the thread was solved, some references for my post regarding tv not working in BIOS:

Just to respond to this, you are correct in that many times a TV will not display the POST screens due to the resolution, however all will show the BIOS screen had the user hit the Del or F1 or F2 key depending on the board. I read through all of these threads and its clear that in none of these cases was that step taken (because hey if I'm wrong I will admit it, but I am not). However BIOS screens again all run at a minimum 480i which all TVs will display.

Since again this is irrelevant to the thread as the user had a completely different problem if you don't like my answer here feel free to PM me, but this issue is done here.

Oct 21, 2019
I have the same problem, but I inserted my rams correctly. I have the b450m pro4 motherboard and ryzen 5 2600. Can the same thing (reboot loop) happen, because my mobo does not support my RAM and SSD?:

RAM: Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance LPX Black CMK16GX4M2D3000C16

SSD: Kingston A2000 500GB SA2000M8/500G M.2 SSD

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I have the same problem, but I inserted my rams correctly. I have the b450m pro4 motherboard and ryzen 5 2600. Can the same thing (reboot loop) happen, because my mobo does not support my RAM and SSD?:

RAM: Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance LPX Black CMK16GX4M2D3000C16

SSD: Kingston A2000 500GB SA2000M8/500G M.2 SSD

Please don't hijack others threads, it looks like you have one going already. This thread being now solved, is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.