Question ASRock B450M Pro4 compatibility with SSD and RAM (BOOT LOOP)

Oct 21, 2019
Hi!
I recently did my first build, but when I turn on the PC, it runs for like 15-20sec, nothing shows up on my screen and restart itself and do this again and again. I realized that my ram and ssd is not on the mobo's QVL list (https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/#MemoryPR)
but as I heard it is only a recommendation, not a must.
My config:
MOBO: B450m Pro4
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
SSD: Kingston A2000 500GB SA2000M8/500G M.2 SSD
RAM: Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz Vengeance LPX Black CMK16GX4M2D3000C16
VGA: Asus ROG STRIX RX570 GAMING 4 GB GDDR5 256-bit
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra 550W 80+ Gold SSR-550GD2

Can it happen, because it is not supported? Also: Does it matter if I connect my SSD to the m2 or the ultra.m2 slot ? I plugged my rams into the A2 and B2 socket, but tried other variations as well, my pc does the same with only 1 ram, and no vga connected.

(Edit: I connect my monitor through a VGA to HDMI adapter (hdmi goes to gpu), I have every cable connected right to the mobo, )

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Your SSD is PCIe based. It should be on the Ultra M.2 slot. Also if you're using a SATA based SSD, it should be connected to the non Ultra M.2 slot, near the chipset heatsink. Likewise, the M.2_2 slot shares a SATA port and from my memory SATA port 3 will be disabled if there's an SSD in the M.2_2 slot.

Try working with one stick of ram on your board and then see if you can get into BIOS.

Oct 21, 2019
Your SSD is PCIe based. It should be on the Ultra M.2 slot. Also if you're using a SATA based SSD, it should be connected to the non Ultra M.2 slot, near the chipset heatsink. Likewise, the M.2_2 slot shares a SATA port and from my memory SATA port 3 will be disabled if there's an SSD in the M.2_2 slot.

Try working with one stick of ram on your board and then see if you can get into BIOS.

As I already said in my thread: "my pc does the same with only 1 ram .... connected"

Oct 21, 2019
It could be, Active is good. Take care that vga to hdmi is different than hdmi to vga... You'd need hdmi to vga,
Sorry but I dont really understand. Why I need hdmi to vga ? My monitor has a vga cable but my gpu only has hdmi and dvi ports hence the use of vga to hdmi active adapter. It works well with my other build

hdmi output to vga input adapter does not work when vga output to hdmi input needed.
When hdmi output, you'd call it hdmi to vga, not viceversa.
Now, if your adapter is hdmi to vga, as I suppose it is, I suggest borrowing a lower freq RAM model (like 2400) and testing.

Oct 21, 2019
hdmi output to vga input adapter does not work when vga output to hdmi input needed.
When hdmi output, you'd call it hdmi to vga, not viceversa.
Now, if your adapter is hdmi to vga, as I suppose it is, I suggest borrowing a lower freq RAM model (like 2400) and testing.
It is hdmi to vga indeed, I got confused. It looks something like this: https://www.avacab-online.com/WebRo...4D1C/1BE1/C0A8/2AB9/DC92/ATEN_vc810_01_ml.jpg

The mobo supports a lot of 3200 /3600 ram as well (lowered to 3200). I will get a new 3000MHz one which is on the list. What should I do if the problem still persist after this?