Question ASRock B450M Pro4-F no display

Jan 22, 2021
I've just assembled my desktop computer using these components:
  • B450M Pro4-F motherboard
  • AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X CPU
  • Corsair CX600 PSU (600w)
  • 1x ADATA AD4U3200716G22 RAM (16 GB DDR4 3200MHz U-DIMM)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550TI GPU
Also a couple of HDD's connected, but I don't think their specs matter, since you should be able to boot into BIOS without any hard drive connected.

So the problem is that there is no display output. I've connected the NVIDIA GPU to a screen via HDMI and also via VGA, but in both cases got a "no signal" message on the screen when I tried to boot up. The GPU and the screen are both working with a different motherboard, CPU and RAM (way older models).

When I turn the power on, the CPU fan starts spinning and its LEDs are lighting up. The GPU fan also seems to be working. I've first installed my RAM into A1 slot, but after doing a bit of research I've reinstalled it to the A2 slot, but the result was the same. Also I've noticed that the PLED is never blinking and there is some thermal paste on the side of the CPU (I've installed it correctly following the manual).

What could be the cause of this issue? I'm in a desperate state, cause I need that computer for work, and the one I'm typing from right now is really old and slow.

Jan 22, 2021
GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 I don't know what else could I add. I thought that there's only one type of GTX550 Ti available. The card has VGA, DVI and HDMI ports and I've tried using a VGA-VGA cable and HDMI-DVI cable without any success, but on another motherboard it works both ways. And yes the card does require external power supply (1*6-pin PCI Express connector).

Wolfshadw

Titan
GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 I don't know what else could I add. I thought that there's only one type of GTX550 Ti available.
PC Part Picker List - GTX 550Ti
Actually, they made quite a few of them.

If you're sure that you've connected the display to one of the graphic card outputs without using adapters and you're sure you've connected the required 6-pin PCIE power cable from the power supply and it works in one machine, but not the other, then the only test remaining that I can think of would be to swap power supplies. Take the power supply from the machine that it is working in and temporarily install that into your new system and test the card again. If an image on the screen appears, then your Corsair CX600 power supply is at fault. If an image does not appear, then I'd say the motherboard's PCI-Ex16 slot is at fault.

Also, please verify that you are installing the graphics card in the top PCI-Ex16 slot, closest to the CPU.

-Wolf sends

Jan 22, 2021
I tested the PSU and it is definitely not faulty. The graphics card is inserted into the right slot as well.
Today I've managed to get a pc speaker from a friend and tested if it beeps on my old computer (it does). Though on my new motherboard it never beeps, and I think that's a symptom telling me there's something wrong with the board. Do you think I should try clearing CMOS data and some other things or should I stop wasting my time and return that board?