Question AsRock B450M Pro4 Ram issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMeow

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
So I built a new pc last week and started getting blue screens on every time I tried to install windows. Took me a bit to figure out that channel 1 was dead. I got a replacement, and I still get blue screens with channel 1 on the replacement board. However with the new board, it only blue screens if I set xmp profiles on. When I put the ram into channel 1 on the new board and turn off xmp profiles, I can boot into windows just fine. I even ran a mem test and there were no problems. But as soon as I turn on xmp profiles, I start getting blue screens right after the windows loading screen.

Did I get 2 defective boards, or am I doing something wrong? Both boards had channel 2 working perfectly fine with xmp profiles on.

The build is a ryzen 2600, WD blue 500gb nvme drive, 1660 ti, and crucial ballistics 3000.

MisterMeow

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
When I board swapped, everything looked fine. I had no issue with the cpu feeling tight when dropping it in. I've had absolutely no stability issues at all as long as I run dual channel in channel 2. The first board I know for sure had a bad dimm channel. Mem test showed issues even with a single stick installed. But mem test shows no issues with both sticks in channel 1 as long as xmp is turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.