Asrock b450m pro4 vs. MSI b450m gaming plus

Aug 9, 2018
Hello friends! Essentially just wondering which mobo would be better. Planning on building a budget gaming system for my little brother with the ryzen 5 2400g. Normally I would just go with Asrock, but I'm a bit worried about RAM compatibility. QVL on MSI's is much bigger, and easier to find options for. Any pointers? I want to run 3200MHz RAM if possible. Also if you have another sub-$100 mobo to recommend I would gladly check it out. Was thinking about trying out that StoreMi tech though. Thanks!

Solution
Get a B450 Gaming motherboard, B450M plus gaming or B450 plus gaming (this depends on the case you have) They're good motherboards and can run 3200mhz but that is the maximum the board can take. It cannot go any higher. As long as you have ddr4 ram (3200mhz or less), an AM4 compatible chip, a graphics card that can fit into a PCI x16, SATA connected storage, and a Micro ATX or ATX case, the board should be perfect. I use it for my current build and it's perfect.
Aug 22, 2018
Get a B450 Gaming motherboard, B450M plus gaming or B450 plus gaming (this depends on the case you have) They're good motherboards and can run 3200mhz but that is the maximum the board can take. It cannot go any higher. As long as you have ddr4 ram (3200mhz or less), an AM4 compatible chip, a graphics card that can fit into a PCI x16, SATA connected storage, and a Micro ATX or ATX case, the board should be perfect. I use it for my current build and it's perfect.

Solution