Question Asrock B450M PRO4 Won't Post. Ram issue?

Sep 6, 2019
Hello!

I have a problem that I need help with. I have a Asrock B450M PRO4 motherboard and I got two sticks of HyperX FURY 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL15 DIMM 8GB DDR4 ram, it doesn't seem work properly with my mobo. I put the ram in A2 and B2 but the computer won't post at all. The cpu and case fans spins for a 1 second then nothing else happens. But when I remove the ram from the pc everything starts to run. So I'm sure it's the ram but I could be wrong. I tried CMOS reset and other solutions but I'm a lost. I have the new Ryzen 3 3200G cpu. This motherboard is updated to work with the 3000 series. The graphics card, and PSU works fine, I've used it in my Intel build. Anyways I've been trying to figure this out for a few days any help is appreciated. Thanks!

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
That RAM kit (HX426C15FBK2/8) isn't on the QVL for your motherboard but it may still work.
I would try putting 1 stick in slot A2 (2nd from the CPU) and see if it will POST.
Then Run Memtest86 on that stick to be sure it is not faulty.
If it does then try with the other stick in slot aA2 and see if it will POST with just that stick.
Then Run Memtest86 on the second stick to ensure it isn't faulty.

If it will post with both sticks installed alone then you can try to put them both in slots A2 and B2 or A1 and B1 and see if it will POST .

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I just looked in your manual and I don't see any onboard debug LEDs.
So I advise you to spend a few dollars and get a PC system speaker and connect it so you can hear the Beep (Error) codes so you can narrow down the issue.

You could also try to CLEAR the CMOS by unplugging the PSU, then holding in the Power Button for 30 seconds then using a flat screw driver to short the CLR CMOS Jumper.
Then plug it back and in see if it will POST.
I would be sure to Only have 1 stick of RAM in slot A2 when you turn it back on.

You might have to Clear the CMOS multiple times before it will post.
When I upgraded from my Ryzen 5 2600 to my 3700x it took me 3 times of doing that before it would POST.