Question ASRock B450M Steel Legend vs. MSI B450M Bazooka V2

May 24, 2019
I have purchased all of the other parts to my computer (Corsair 650W PSU, GTX 1060, 16GB DDR 3200Mhz RAM, 480GB SSD, and the Ryzen 5 2600X). I have narrowed down my choices to these 2 motherboards for my build. The extra $15(ish) is not a problem for the ASRock board. Which board would be better for the build? Also, I WON'T be doing any overclocking. Any knowledge helps :]

They are part of t he same really, you either want MSI because you like that brand or you like ASRock. Personally, I like ASRock.
nothing huge in differences between them, go with what you think looks better or you think is more reliable as I would say they are both of equal quality

May 24, 2019
Running A Ryzen 5 2600X with 16GB of 3200Mhz RAM. Which motherboard would be a better board to buy in general? The extra money for the ASRock board is not a problem, just wondering which board will be a better board in the long run.

johnupham80

Reputable
Sep 12, 2017
go with asrock, the mobo support 3533mhz ram oc than the bazooka 3466mhz
if you don't overclocking, both mobo are good.
so personally I go for asrock because solid vrm heatsink than the bazooka. And the rgb with digital camo look

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
I have purchased all of the other parts to my computer (Corsair 650W PSU, GTX 1060, 16GB DDR 3200Mhz RAM, 480GB SSD, and the Ryzen 5 2600X). I have narrowed down my choices to these 2 motherboards for my build. The extra $15(ish) is not a problem for the ASRock board. Which board would be better for the build? Also, I WON'T be doing any overclocking. Any knowledge helps :]

If you can fit a $30-40 tower air cooler into the budget that would be a huge improvement to your build. The wraith spire is a great cooler for a 6 core ryzen but is a bit inadequate for the 2600x's out of the box settings. Even with voltage offset it isn't good enough for the voltage and clocks the CPU spits out at stock. Mine isn't even prime95 26.6 stable with stock settings and the spire. The 2600 should come with this cooler and the 2600x should come with the prism IMO. AMD kinda cheaped out with the R5 stock cooling. You can get great performance with a manual overclock and this cooler if you know what you are doing but it kind of defeats the point of buying the x version in the first place. You'd get more with a 2600 and a aftermarket cooler for the same or less money.

In regards to the actual question, either board would be fine. I'd choose the asrock personally. If you think you might eventually upgrade the CPU to an 8 core I'd buy something with a better VRM. I would prioritize a GPU upgrade as its probably the weak point of your build currently. Not that the 1060 is a bad card, it's just going to struggle to maintain solid 1080p60 ultra/high in AAA games for much longer. Hopefully you at least grabbed the 6gb version.