Question ASRock B550 Gaming 4AC, freezes intermittently after installing new GPU

Aug 18, 2022
Hi TH Forum,

The mother board stated above a B550 G-AC, I believe this to be a motherboard related issue. I have a 1000W Gold PSU. I recently added a RTX2060 to my current GTX1650 to run a 6 monitor set up. I have spoken with NVidia and the cards should run 6 monitors fine, however I am running into freeze ups and general system instability with 4+ monitors, mainly when I open sound related to the Realtek/Nahimic software. I am curious if anyone has experienced such an issue and the potential resolution. I updated the BIOS just now and am looking at a potential reinstall of Windows to see if the issue might be resolve but am having a hard time getting any feedback from ASRock. Any help appreciated. C

D

Deleted member 362816

What is the make model of the power supply?
TMK RTX and GTX use quite different driver sets do you have both installed?

Aug 18, 2022
FSP Hydro G PRO 1000W 80 Plus Gold
Yes, both drivers are installed, NVidia does a good job with software. (unless you have cases demonstrating otherwise I should know about )I think I have the issue worked out. It was a conflict between NVidia and Realtek (Or AMD Onboard sound) I have stabilized the system for the most part by disabling Realtek audio and AMD onboard sound, to the best of my knowledge. Will continue to update, but the performance was drastically improved. I had suspected such an issue, but I think it is resolved

Aug 18, 2022
Sounds either the software or the motherboard doesn't like the mix, either way, do they run okay when you have them running seperately?
Seems to be stable with onboard sound disabled. Fine with me. Realtek port had a buzz everyone talked about with no solution on ASRock forum. No more. I will do a lot more research before my next motherboard purchase.