Question ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 - Won't Boot CPU and Mem Lights or Nothing

jeremyp969

Commendable
Jul 26, 2018
Ugh, please help. Just putting together a system for my son:

ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4
Ryzen 7 3600X CPU
Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB
XFX Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition 1286MHz, 8gb GDDR5, DX12 VR Ready, Dual BIOS, 3xDP HDMI DVI, AMD Graphics Card (RX-570P8DFD6)

If I hook up the Motherboard 20+4 pin power and power it on, it lights up and gives me a DDR and CPU error light.
If I hook up the Motherboard 20+4 pin power and any combination of the 8 or 4 pin additional power connector(I think this is for the CPU), I get nothing. No lights, no fans, nothing. Bad power supply on the 4+4pin connectors?

I get why the CPU light comes up without the 4pin connected, I think that's CPU power. But do I actually have a bad power supply and memory that is incompatible? Please help!!!

popatim

Titan
Take it out of the motherboard out of the case, the PSU wires should be long enough to reach but if not then take that out too.
If it powers up outside of the case then look for a motherboard standoff screw that might be in the wrong location and shorting out the motherboard.
These things: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Brass-Motherboard-Standoffs-Computer/dp/B00213KL5I

If it doesn't power on outside of the case then shut it down and remove the CPU and check for bent pins or thermal paste getting into the socket (if it wasn't pre-applied to the cooler base).