[SOLVED] Problems with Asrock B550 Pro 4 ?

Jan 9, 2022
I built this computer at the start of the year and have had 0 problems up until a few days ago. My pc will randomly crash by my monitors going black and the fans in my pc speeding up to max. The cpu and dram debug lights come on and I can’t even power it down I have to turn the psu off. I even bought a new psu and installed it and it turned on normally, everything was good but now it’s back to randomly doing this again. I just saw a Reddit post of someone with the same motherboard having the same issue with no fix. I’m really hoping someone on here with a big brain can help.

specs:
Gpu- asus dual rtx 2060
Cpu- ryzen 5 5600x
Mb- asrock b550 pro 4
Ram- 16gb Corsair 3000mhz
Psu- 600w evga w1

Solution
I built this computer at the start of the year and have had 0 problems up until a few days ago. My pc will randomly crash by my monitors going black and the fans in my pc speeding up to max. The cpu and dram debug lights come on and I can’t even power it down I have to turn the psu off. I even bought a new psu and installed it and it turned on normally, everything was good but now it’s back to randomly doing this again. I just saw a Reddit post of someone with the same motherboard having the same issue with no fix. I’m really hoping someone on here with a big brain can help.

specs:
Gpu- asus dual rtx 2060
Cpu- ryzen 5 5600x
Mb- asrock b550 pro 4
Psu- 600w evga w1
follow this step by step in order (read...

specs:
Gpu- asus dual rtx 2060
Cpu- ryzen 5 5600x
Mb- asrock b550 pro 4
Psu- 600w evga w1
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Make sure you could boot.
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• try to restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (again if you did it yourself), then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), do not enable XMP yet, then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Solution
Jan 9, 2022
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Make sure you could boot.
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• try to restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (again if you did it yourself), then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), do not enable XMP yet, then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
I didn’t do it last night because I was scared to mess it up more and figured I could do it today. I’m still incredibly intimidated, I’m an amateur at best when it comes to this and I have very little experience with bios. Like for example, I have no idea how to update bios. I feel comfortable doing everything except that. I’ve got the drivers downloaded and ready to install, and the same with DDU (though I’m scared to use that too). I just really don’t want to brick my pc so pretty much all I’m asking is what are the chances of that happening and is there any advice you can give me with the bios part of your incredible guide?

I didn’t do it last night because I was scared to mess it up more and figured I could do it today. I’m still incredibly intimidated, I’m an amateur at best when it comes to this and I have very little experience with bios. Like for example, I have no idea how to update bios. I feel comfortable doing everything except that. I’ve got the drivers downloaded and ready to install, and the same with DDU (though I’m scared to use that too). I just really don’t want to brick my pc so pretty much all I’m asking is what are the chances of that happening and is there any advice you can give me with the bios part of your incredible guide?
for bios, you could just download the .zip i provided (hyperlinked from asrock official web), make sure your flash drive is Fat32 (is a must), then copy the file you extracted to the flash drive, then make sure the flash drive is plugged on the back of the motherboard usb slots, then go to bios (F2 or Del, spam both during pc start from off), then find Instant Flash, there you would see the 2.20 file, update it, and you're good to go to continue to the steps told above :D

Reactions: UniSense