[SOLVED] Asrock B75 pro stuck at logo when trying to install Windows 10 through usb

Nadrac

Honorable
Jul 22, 2014
TLDR
I made a windows installer with Rufus that supports both UFEI and MBR, and both options work in another system, but UFEI causes freeze on splash screen and regular usb causes freeze on windows logo in this system. I also added a hdd to this system that has windows 8.1 on it and that boots and works fine as well. Despite false alarms about memory and hdd the hardware seem to work fine.

I tried the usb in different slots, and tried to turn off legaxy support for usb, but that just resulted in my keyboard being unrecognized and leading to a cmos reset.

The entire issue started an issue the system not booting and simply giving me black screen, and issue i narrowed down to the ssd, but the ssd was fine too, only the windows installation was beyond hope. I installed a new windows from the exact usb i am trying to use on my other system on it.

Out of desperation i even tought of installing windows on my working system and bringing it over, and once i tried that with the ssd it did boot and seemed to work fine, but ended up giving me a black screen in about a minute. Oddly enough the windows 8.1 that i installed on the other system seem to work fine. I don't want to upgrade or mess with the windows 8.1 installation because i plan on returning it back to my other system. I simply want to install a new windows on a partition of my hdd.

It's an older system
Asrock b75 pro
i5 3570
Radeon 7950

My corrently working system just now only rezognized the usb drive while booting and in the disk manager. Unfortunately i don't have a spare because i only use it for system installs.

Next up the plan is to make a boot partition on the ssd, and use it to install windows on the hdd.

Solution
you should probably try the install with only the drive you intend to boot with (remove the extra storage drives) and remove the 7950 (drivers may not load correctly) assuming you have the 3570 and can use the motherboard graphics to install. once the install completes and Win10 is booted then you can add the other hardware as needed

Nadrac

Honorable
Jul 22, 2014
I made a windows installer with Rufus that supports both UFEI and MBR, and both options work in another system, but UFEI causes freeze on splash screen and regular usb causes freeze on windows logo in this system. I also added a hdd to this system that has windows 8.1 on it and that boots and works fine as well. Despite false alarms about memory and hdd the hardware seem to work fine.

I tried the usb in different slots, and tried to turn off legaxy support for usb, but that just resulted in my keyboard being unrecognized and leading to a cmos reset.

The entire issue started an issue the system not booting and simply giving me black screen, and issue i narrowed down to the ssd, but the ssd was fine too, only the windows installation was beyond hope. I installed a new windows from the exact usb i am trying to use on my other system on it.

Out of desperation i even tought of installing windows on my working system and bringing it over, and once i tried that with the ssd it did boot and seemed to work fine, but ended up giving me a black screen in about a minute. Oddly enough the windows 8.1 that i installed on the other system seem to work fine. I don't want to upgrade or mess with the windows 8.1 installation because i plan on returning it back to my other system. I simply want to install a new windows on a partition of my hdd.

It's an older system
Asrock b75 pro
i5 3570
Radeon 7950

My corrently working system just now only rezognized the usb drive while booting and in the disk manager. Unfortunately i don't have a spare because i only use it for system installs.

Next up the plan is to make a install partition on the ssd, and use it to install windows on the hdd.

Lutfij

Titan
You're advised to create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and prior to installing the OS, you're advised to have the latest BIOS version of your motherboard to rule out any compatibility issues.

Your specs are incomplete. Please state the BIOS version you're on right now, the make and model of your PSU and the age of the unit and the specs to your rams as well as your storage drives.

Nadrac

Honorable
Jul 22, 2014
I got
2 1tb we blue hdds
1 samsung 850 evo 120gb
2 corsair 2gb vengeance 1600mhz rams
Raider Ra 550 Power supply

My usb was fully rezognized in the problematic system so i decided to use the Windows Media Tool, and it was working fine for like 20 minutes. It was 60% done with writing is when the screen went out once then came back about 3 times, after this the computer frooze.

On restart there were significant and continous visual glitches on the screen, but it got me to the login screen however never managed to log in. It was taking forever.

Strongly indicates that i have far bigger problems than a windows install, but also i have to consider that i was using the windows installation from the other system, which may justify such instability.

you should probably try the install with only the drive you intend to boot with (remove the extra storage drives) and remove the 7950 (drivers may not load correctly) assuming you have the 3570 and can use the motherboard graphics to install. once the install completes and Win10 is booted then you can add the other hardware as needed

Solution
I was facing similar issue while installing windows on my old system with core 2 Quad Q8400..
I solved my issue by making Bootable USB drive from older version on Iso image.. (Windows 10 1906 worked for me) and I used trial version on Power ISO to create bootable USB Drive...
And I was able to install windows and later able to update to latest version via network