Question ASRock Bios needs updated

Mar 29, 2022
my mobo (ASRock B550 Extreme4) needs to update its bios. it looks as if there's 6 different updates after the one I initially have on mine. Anyone who is familiar with ASRock mobo know if I can update straight to the newest version or do I have to go through every single update? and if you could explain the process on ow to do the update that would be great. (sorry I'm new to the pc world) I run a ryzen 5 5600x and some of these updates look like they have to happen to support the 5000 series ryzen. Thanks in advance! My

Last edited:

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Why? update BIOS?

Are you having issues with your system POSTing ot booting? Or you just want to update just because newer version are availabale?

Read instructions on manufacturer's website very carefully.

First, because you have no prior experience and a botched attemp at a BIOS update can brick your motherboard. Second, some BIOS versions for the board might actually contradict your puspose (which we don't know) as in some BIOS updates shouldn't be flashed to motherboard with certain components for example with certian CPUs.

Mar 29, 2022
Then you can go straight to 2.20, assuming there is a reason to do it.

I can play games such as: Fifa, No Mans Sky, Valorant, Fortnite, and Battlefield. When I try to play COD and Apex Legends, my pc crashes. For call of duty the crash will happen before the small load up window even starts for the game. For apex Legends the small load up window will fully load, then crash when the game tries to go to the main screen. When the crash happens, I get a black screen for a couple seconds and then the ASRock startup pops up with the wheel as if I restarted my pc. I've done everything and have gone as far as factory resetting my pc. if anyone has any other ideas or possible problems it could be please let me know. the psu and gpu have been bought within the past 3 weeks and this was happening with my old gpu and psu so I can rule out those two components. Could it possibly be a faulty motherboard? that's honestly the only thing I can think of after doing everything Ive done
my specs are
psu: corsair RM850x 80 plus gold
cpuryzen 5 5600x
mobo: ASRock b550 Extreme4
gpu: asus OC geforce rtx 3050 gddr6 8gb
ram: 2x16 corsair vengeance 3600MHz

May 21, 2022
Did you get this sorted or update the bios? I have the exact same problem. Everything works well except COD and Apex, exactly same crash you describe.
System:
MB: ASRock B550m pro 4
GC: GeForce GTX 1660
Ram: crucial ballistix 3600 16gb
CPU: ryzen 9 5000x
SSD: WD blue sn550

Have had PC at technicians and couldn't fault anything.
I agree it seems to be an issue with COD and Apex bit why won't it run in these systems?
All that is left to try for me is update bios from p1:20 to p2:20
Any help much appreciated.
Cheers

Mar 29, 2022
Did you get this sorted or update the bios? I have the exact same problem. Everything works well except COD and Apex, exactly same crash you describe.
System:
MB: ASRock B550m pro 4
GC: GeForce GTX 1660
Ram: crucial ballistix 3600 16gb
CPU: ryzen 9 5000x
SSD: WD blue sn550

Have had PC at technicians and couldn't fault anything.
I agree it seems to be an issue with COD and Apex bit why won't it run in these systems?
All that is left to try for me is update bios from p1:20 to p2:20
Any help much appreciated.
Cheers
my issue was my windows was corrupted. But I had to take it to someone before figuring that out. Fresh wipe and redownload of windows on my pc fixed everything and every game runs great now.

Reactions: Claypot