[SOLVED] ASRock BIOS update - Internet Flash 2+hours?

Apr 18, 2019
asrock z370m MB
was in the app shop trying to update drivers because had peripheral problems.
Saw i was on BIOS 2.1 and 3.0 was recommended. when through update process, decided to do internet flash to get the update.
Now the update seems to be stuck at 28% (Downloading firmware status) for 2+ hours.
My LAN port shows data activity and 1gp+ connection on the lights, so not sure if the internet flash just takes a while or has my computer frozen.
Anyone with experience on internet flash taking a long time? Also not sure if these are large changes with 3.0 perhaps?

Help appreciated!

Solution
Call ASRock tech support. Explain the issue, tell them you followed their directions to the letter and now it's frozen. Don't shut down unless they tell you to, if it bricks then that's on them when you ask for a replacement/rma.
Apr 18, 2019
thanks for the reply! I assumed so, but now stuck with a choice i suppose.. do i shut down? hope that it hadn't gotten too far along and i could retry or look to instantflash?

Any recommendations on best way to shut her down and start her up again? hold down power, unplug it all for some time then fire everything back up? This is my first time trying to do a BIOS update... great confidence builder smh

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Call ASRock tech support. Explain the issue, tell them you followed their directions to the letter and now it's frozen. Don't shut down unless they tell you to, if it bricks then that's on them when you ask for a replacement/rma.

Solution