Question Asrock BIOS update on new build ?

Apr 7, 2024
I have a Ryzen 7800X3D CPU installed on an Asrock X670E Steel Legend motherboard.
I see in the instructions for the BIOS flashback, it says "Download the latest BIOS file from ASROCK's website." Could anyone help ease my paranoia with this?

Is it actually necessary for me to update my BIOS on a brand new build with these components? And would it be easier to just go into the BIOS and update it from there? Then if I were to do that, would I just download the latest file from here https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X670E Steel Legend/index.asp#BIOS and follow the rest of the instructions? Thank you :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is it actually necessary for me to update my BIOS on a brand new build with these components? And would it be easier to just load into the BIOS and update it from there?
Brand new build is the best time to update bios to latest version as you get the most benefit out of any enhancements since the time the one on Motherboard was released.

which is easier is up to you, going into BIOS would at least tell you which one you on now.

Then if I were to do that, would I just download the latest file from here https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X670E Steel Legend/index.asp#BIOS and follow the rest of the instructions? Thank you :)
Yes, follow instant flash. Asrock are nice and show you the steps on website.

the flashback is your security blanket as it lets you flash bios even if you can't get into it. Makes recovering from problems easier.

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
As Colif said above, follow the instructions.

Though brand new, the motherboard has been in it's box for a while so it's BIOS is out of date.
Update BIOS now, then leave it alone unless you have a computer problem or a new BIOS update contains important fixes.

Reactions: CountMike
Apr 7, 2024
Brand new build is the best time to update bios to latest version as you get the most benefit out of any enhancements since the time the one on Motherboard was released.

which is easier is up to you, going into BIOS would at least tell you which one you on now.

Yes, follow instant flash. Asrock are nice and show you the steps on website.

the flashback is your security blanket as it lets you flash bios even if you can't get into it. Makes recovering from problems easier.
Thank you for the help here. I ended up doing exactly that and it's now all up and running after a couple hours of troubleshooting. Just having some issues with my Bluetooth headphones :grin:

Apr 7, 2024
what is problem with headphones?
did you get latest drivers?
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X670E Steel Legend/index.asp#Download
Yep, I went through and downloaded all the drivers I thought needed after setting up windows. The Bluetooth does kind of work, it's just that it cuts off my audio around every 10 minutes, and only comes back after disconnecting and reconnecting my headphones. I've tried a couple fixes to no avail, but I haven't looked around too much. I'm guessing it has something to do with Windows 11

Colif

Win 11 Master
Either way works. i don't think it makes any difference provided both are attached. one wire connection is for wireless and other for BT.

The connections nor connectors are marked. They don't care which is attached.

I have a similar antennae, use a Bluetooth keyboard myself. Headset is also attached via Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024
Either way works. i don't think it makes any difference provided both are attached. one wire connection is for wireless and other for BT.

The connections nor connectors are marked. They don't care which is attached.

I have a similar antennae, use a Bluetooth keyboard myself. Headset is also attached via Bluetooth.
Thank you my friend. I've been using my headphones with the antenna plugged in all day and haven't had a single dropout. I wish they would've labelled the antenna as being for Bluetooth as well as WIFI :smile: Thanks again!

Reactions: Colif and 35below0

Colif

Win 11 Master
it extends the signal strength. It seems to have better range than say the Bluetooth on my phone. I can walk around house with Headphones attached to PC but if I use my phone, the connection will drop if I am at opposite ends of house. Now days I am more likely to be using my DAP instead of using BT attached to PC, sounds better.

Latest posts