ASRock Board Flashes Codes Faster Than I Can See- Please Help Diagnose

aggielaw

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
A video of the current state of my problem is at: https://vimeo.com/265936890

I am transferring my wife's computer from an ugly case to one with a higher wife acceptance factor. When I first everything it back in with the new case, the motherboard lights turned on as white initially, then turned red. After a few seconds the board began "breathing" (red light on the board blink slowly) which I think it normal. (I turned this feature off as soon as I could with the ASRock software when I installed it in the original case.) When I pushed the power button I would hear a "click" as if the power supply were turning the board on, but the board would immediately turn off again and would not allow me to even try to turn the board on again until I unplugged the power supply from the wall for a few seconds. It was as if the board was immediately shorting when receiving power.

After removing the board from the chassis and powering up with only the motherboard cable attached (CPU inserted, but no power to the CPU) the board "breathes" as before, but the board powers up fine with Dr. Debug code 00. When I add power from the power supply to the motherboard and CPU the board powers up and Dr. Debug immediately runs though many different codes too quickly for me to see, then settles on 62 for a few seconds, then A2 or d7, sometimes 99, then powers off, and automatically powers on and repeats the cycle. This happens when nothing else is connected. I realize these are PCI error codes, but Dr. Debug gives these codes when no PCI devices are attached.

Today I bought a brand new power supply and this happens with both the new power supply and the old power supply.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!